Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPod making two of the same albums?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-10-2012, 09:57 PM

Freshman Lounger

Question iPod making two of the same albums?

My iPod is making two of the same albums in my Music Library. Now in iTunes there is not two of the same albums. It only happens on the iPod. I tried deleting one and it deleted all the songs in the other one except two. This is the only album that is doing it. Can anybody please help me?

Details - iPod 4th Gen. 8GB.

EDIT: I've made sure everything is properly named and all that. I'm beginning to think it has something to do with the ID3 Tags attached to them?
Attached Thumbnails
iPod making two of the same albums?-photo.jpg  

Last edited by SnackCabinet; 12-10-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnackCabinet View Post
I've made sure everything is properly named and all that. I'm beginning to think it has something to do with the ID3 Tags attached to them?
Something in the tags is not consistent across all the songs of the album. Even if they "look" the same, an extra space at the end of a field is enough to throw things off. Select all songs on the album and go to Get Info -- if you see any fields that are blank which aren't supposed to be blank (Artist, Album, etc.) then something is different on at least one of the songs.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:19 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmyplimsoul View Post
Something in the tags is not consistent across all the songs of the album. Even if they "look" the same, an extra space at the end of a field is enough to throw things off. Select all songs on the album and go to Get Info -- if you see any fields that are blank which aren't supposed to be blank (Artist, Album, etc.) then something is different on at least one of the songs.
Thank you for you reply. After closely inspecting everything, I found out two songs had "compilation" ticked. I un-ticked, re-synced. Worked like a charm. Thanks though!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:26 AM

Senior Lounger

Indeed almost always when you have multiple identical albums appear on your device, this means that the compilation option for tracks in this album is enabled. I am not sure whether this is a bug or Apple designed it this way - it looks more of a pain than somebody's design if you ask me
Old 12-13-2012, 08:54 PM

Senior Lounger

The compilation check puts it in "compilations" on the "more" tab on the iPod. ( where you'll find genres and composers).

Also if you don't like all your albums with various artists being listed under "v" in artists on the iPod there is a setting: Settings-->Music--> Group By Album Artist turn it to off.

iPod Touch 4th Generation 32 GB White / Windows

Last edited by Gadzooks; 12-13-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 12-18-2012, 11:39 AM

Senior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
The compilation check puts it in "compilations" on the "more" tab on the iPod. ( where you'll find genres and composers).
Yep, this in itself is a good feature. However, the fact that in the "Albums" tab albums are "duplicated", I think could be a bug which has been active for way too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
Also if you don't like all your albums with various artists being listed under "v" in artists on the iPod there is a setting: Settings-->Music--> Group By Album Artist turn it to off.
That's a good remark.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:18 PM

Senior Lounger

"Part of a compilation" must be checked for every song on the album. Checking ( or unchecking) one (or a few) makes another separate album appear in the library.

iPod Touch 4th Generation 32 GB White / Windows

Topic: iPod making two of the same albums?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.