Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: 4th gen with ios 6 app store crashing

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-15-2012, 06:59 PM

Toronto Tonto

4th gen with ios 6 app store crashing

My daughter updated her 4th gen touch to ios 6 and the app store keeps crashing. We've tried turning the touch off and on (press and hold top button) but it didn't fix it.

Any other suggestions? I'm so new to touches I don't even know how to reset them (like pressing and holding menu and the centre button on my old nano).

TIA,

J

Check out my indie-alternative music blog oneintenwords.com

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:44 PM

Senior Lounger

The iTunes on the iPod crashes even before I can tap a song to sample. iOS 6 is too processor hungry for the iPod 4th gen.
It would seem to me that Apple has a responsibility to rewrite the iOS for the iPod 4th gen, or offer to replace them all with the 5th gen. They will probably do neither, I assume.

iPod Touch 4th Generation 32 GB White / Windows
Old 10-15-2012, 09:43 PM

Veteran Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlegend View Post
My daughter updated her 4th gen touch to ios 6 and the app store keeps crashing. We've tried turning the touch off and on (press and hold top button) but it didn't fix it.
Unfortunately, that is a widely reported problem with iOS 6 on the 4G touch - it simply lacks the RAM for the new "shinier" app store app (it lacks the RAM for a lot of stuff period).

I made the relatively minor mistake of upgrading to iOS 5 with our 4G touch, wasn't about to touch iOS 6 after seeing how much iOS 5 degraded stability, sorry your daughter wasn't as lucky. About the only thing to do is hope Apple will optimize iOS 6 and their own apps enough to run reliably if slowly on the 4G touch since they inexplicably left the POS on the shelves.

Quote:
I'm so new to touches I don't even know how to reset them (like pressing and holding menu and the centre button on my old nano).
That bit about holding down the top button until you get the "slide to power off" is how you reset them
Old 10-16-2012, 01:50 PM

Toronto Tonto

Thanks for the response, Code Monkey. Much appreciated.

I guess my daughter will have to do her app shopping the old fashioned way, on iTunes.

J

Check out my indie-alternative music blog oneintenwords.com

Topic: 4th gen with ios 6 app store crashing

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.