Can i restore my ipod to factory settings without itunes or the password?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Zarawrrr

I got one of the new ipod touches, my ex thought it would be amusing to change the passcode and wont tell me what she changed it to:mad:. My computer broke and i cant get access to itunes. i tried restoring it by holding the off and home buttons down but my home button isn't working so that won't work :( what do i do?!?!

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
If you don't have the computer that the iPod syncs to, then your ONLY option is to restore it on a different computer, which will completely erase everything on it with no ability to recover anything (for obvious security reasons).

kornchild2002

You tried restarting your iPod touch, not restoring it. Restarting an iPod touch is the equivalent of turning it off and on, that is not the same as restoring it. Restoring it involves plugging the iPod into your computer and using iTunes to erase absolutely everything on it. As pointed out, that is currently your ONLY option for getting the iPod up and running.

Gadzooks

If you don't have the computer that the iPod syncs to, then your ONLY option is to restore it on a different computer, which will completely erase everything on it with no ability to recover anything (for obvious security reasons).
But isn't it still possible to re-download all the songs and apps for free from the iTunes store? My neice got some apps back that she had deleted using the apps store, and there is a list of "purchased" items in both the iTunes and the apps store.

tronZ

But isn't it still possible to re-download all the songs and apps for free from the iTunes store?
If you have purchased music off the iTunes Store or have downloaded apps from the AppsStore, it is possible to transfer these purchases back to any iTunes library after you authorize it by entering your Apple ID and password.

To transfer purchases, connect your your iPod, run iTunes, right click on the iPod Touch icon within iTunes and select "Transfer Purchases".

Edit: the transfer can be effectuated even with the iPod locked by the Auto-lock

Last edited:

kornchild2002

That's not going to work as their iPod is locked and NEEDS to be restored with iTunes before it can even be used. However, previously purchased songs, music videos, audiobooks, eBooks, most TV shows, most movies, and all apps can be downloaded again from the iTunes Store absolutely free. You just have to open iTunes, access the iTunes Store, login with your credentials, click on Purchased, and you will have access to content that you previously purchased and can download it again. Every previously purchased song and app can be downloaded again free of charge.

Content created by the user (i.e. user ripped audio CDs and DVDs) cannot be downloaded from the iTunes Store unless they had previously subscribed to iTunes Match and that content was either matched or uploaded to their iCloud account. That only works for audio content though, user ripped DVDs cannot be downloaded from the iTunes Store. Either way, Apple is not responsible for user created content anyway but they do let people access and download most previously purchased content (all songs, all music videos, all apps, most TV shows, and most movies).