Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Not all songs syncing

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-05-2012, 10:57 PM

Freshman Lounger

Red face Not all songs syncing

Ok I am having a very frustrating problem. No matter what I do I cannot get all of the songs to sync on to my ipod touch. I have tried restoring my Ipod, have tried reinstalling Itunes, then finally I have deleted the Itunes folder in my music and started from scratch with an empty playlist and then re-added all of my songs and all the music STILL WILL NOT SYNC. In Itunes when I click on my Ipod on then click on the "music" tab it says that there are 1590 songs and I have the "sync entire music library option checked"; however when I went into the about section on my Ipod Touch it says that there are only 1283 songs! It is still the same no matter how many times I try and resync by hitting the "sync" button on the bottom right in Itunes. The other problem is that I do NOT know which songs are not syncing, because it would be very difficult to go through each song and see which ones are missing since there are over 1000 songs.
What else can I do to try and fix this problem with not all the songs syncing?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:21 PM

Senior Lounger

Try this: delete the songs on your iPod IN ITUNES on the left - click on music below " your ipod". You will need to click on the first song then scroll down and hold down shift and click on the last song to select all of them ( I think you hold down Opt on a Mac) OR edit --> Select All on the menu works too. Then either right click and select delete or on the menu it's edit --> delete. I don't know why iTunes doesn't properly update when songs are removed from the ipod but this method should work. ( Make sure your deleting the iPods songs and not your iTunes library, which is at the very top).

It's probably a good idea to eject Your iPod from iTunes at this time and turn it off then on and reconnect it (to reflect the change to the iPods database). Then sync your whole library.

Also if you have songs in iTunes with an exclamation point beside them they are missing from your iTunes library and you will have to re- find them

iPod Touch 4th Generation 32 GB White / Windows

Last edited by Gadzooks; 07-06-2012 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-06-2012, 11:49 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks. That worked, now all of my songs are syncing, I guess I am going to have to manually manage the music in order to get all of the songs to sync. If I use automatic sync instead of using the method that you said by deleting and then dragging the songs over then it leaves out about 50-100 songs. Apparently there were also some songs that said this song cannot be played on this Ipod, and that is why those were not syncing.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:15 AM

Senior Lounger

I'm not sure why some songs won't sync when you do it automatically. As for the songs that won't copy to the iPod try converting them to mp3's using free software downloaded from the Internet.
Manually managing music is not the recommended way to sync your music and is usually for if you quickly need to copy some songs. You will notice that the album art doesn't display on the iPod when you manually manage your music.

Automatic sync, on the other hand, allows you to set up playlists and select albums and even create smartlists to control what goes on and off your iPod. Anything that is selected gets synced, and anything not selected is automatically removed.

For some reason, even if you delete songs from your iPod, iTunes still thinks its there and that is why we need to clear the songs from the iPods "music" list IN ITUNES, so that iTunes can recopy the songs if you are re- syncing them. For anyone who doesn't know where this is try clicking the small triangle to the LEFT of where it says " your iPod" so that it faces down. " Music" is the top one, and it lists all the songs on your iPod. Follow the instructions above to start a fresh sync if you are having problems such as the one mentioned here. If its just one or a few songs just delete those ones. Hopefully Apple will fix this soon.

As a side note, if you have self help CDs that have sub threshold harmonics and such and you are using the function to compress your songs to 128 Kbps to save space on the iPod, the CD should be copied manually AS A WAV file, seperately at the end with the compression turned off.

iPod Touch 4th Generation 32 GB White / Windows

Topic: Not all songs syncing

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.