Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Installing new touch

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-16-2012, 03:19 PM

Freshman Lounger

Installing new touch

I realize this is situation probably has a simple answer so please don't browbeat me. Anyway, I have nano which is up and running fine and I went to install my partner's new touch. I want to keep these two completely separate. But, my problem is that Itunes completely synced my music and photos to the new touch. How do I keep them separate and maintain two different accounts on itunes? I know I probably blew it when setting up the touch but I simply can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. I am kind of new user to this whole setup thing so I am looking for some simple advice to help straighten out this situation.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:29 PM

You don't want to setup two different accounts under iTunes (that would be impossible anyway since you can't have multiple "accounts" for iTunes ). Instead, it would be best to keep one library and just tell iTunes what playlists/songs/whatever you want synced to the iPod. When the iPod touch is plugged into your computer, click on the Music tab in the main iPod window within iTunes. From there you can tell iTunes what you want to automatically sync over to it. You can even create a playlist in iTunes and tell it to sync only that playlist over to the iPod touch. Then click on the Photo tab and change the folder you want iTunes to sync pictures from (or take off picture syncing).

Now, if there are two of you using the same computer and you want to keep your iTunes libraries separate, it would be better if you created a new user login (for Windows or Mac OS X, I don't know what OS you are running) and then have your mate use the second user login. iTunes would perform completely different and act as if it was installed on a clean computer.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)

Topic: Installing new touch

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.