Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Newbie?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-05-2012, 08:28 PM

Freshman Lounger

Question Newbie?

Hi, I'm a newbie. I recently hooked up my iPod Touch 4G and i have a few questions
-What inexpensive/free apps are essential?
-What accessories are essential?
-Anything I need to know?
Acessories I have
-Car charger
-USB Charger
-Earphones
-External Speaker

Last edited by JustATechieKid; 04-05-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:46 PM

Veteran Lounger

Quote:
-What inexpensive/free apps are essential?
Usually depends on what and how you use the iPod. I found TunIn radio quite handy for listening to internet radio. There is a free version but I bought the payed one simply because I liked it so much. Flipboard is good on the touch but even better on the iPad. For quick reference, Dictionary, Wikiamo (Wikipedia app) and IMDb (Internet Movie Database) are all quite handy, just to name a few.

Quote:
-What accessories are essential?
You must have a case, I like the "folio" type leather cases with the flap that covers the screen. They are great for the best protection for drops. If you prefer cases that do not cover the screen you may want to add a screen protector.

If all you are using is the included earbuds you may want to look at 3rd party models. In my opinion for good sound quality in ear noise isolation monitors or full headphones, open or closed, are the best for good quality sound from your music.

Quote:
-Anything I need to know?
Enjoy your new iPod and ask any questions you may have, there are many great knowledgeable people here.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac

Topic: Newbie?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.