Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Apple screen only

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-01-2012, 02:22 PM

Freshman Lounger

Apple screen only

I'm new to anything beginning with an I. But not to the world of mobile devices. My neighbor let his 4 yr old play with an iPod touch and now all we can get is a grey screen with a white apple. I tried holding buttons in every combination I found mentioned online to no avail. Any ideas? It won't go into sync. mode to hook to the computer. Any help appreciated.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-01-2012, 03:29 PM

Have you tried putting the iPod into DFU mode? Plug it into the computer, press and hold both the home and power buttons at the same time until the iPod's display turns off. Then let go of the power button and keep holding the home button until iTunes recognizes it, this process can take 10-20 seconds. You can let go of the home button after that as the iPod will be in DFU mode. iTunes won't recognize the iPod as normal though. A prompt will come up saying that it is in recovery mode and has to be restored. You need to do that to see if it fixes the problem.

Now, if that doesn't work, they are pretty much SOL as the 4 year old likely physically damaged it (maybe they put it in their mouth or got it wet in some other way, threw it down on the ground and/or dropped it, etc.). There isn't anything within iOS (what the iPod touch runs) that would cause this to happen so the kid would of had to physically done something to the iPod in order for this to occur.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)

Topic: Apple screen only

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.