Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Songs won't sync

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-10-2012, 10:07 AM

Freshman Lounger

Songs won't sync

After updating my iPod only seven of my songs are syncing onto my iPod from my computer.
I have tried rechecking everything, checking the 'Manual' settings, syncing only checked songs and videos and nothing seems to be working.
Anyone have any ideas on how to help me?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:44 AM

Senior Lounger

Talking Try This

I was on the phone with Apple Support with a similar problem. There are two things that you could try.

First uncheck manual and click apply. Then check Sync, click Apply, uncheck it, click Apply, and check it one last time, it should start transferring once you check Apply the 3rd time. Allow it to finish.

If that doesn't work, try this:
Click the triangle beside "your iPod" in the left hand side, so that it faces down, and there is a menu below it. Click on the top one "Music" and select the songs that aren't on the iPod, and delete them. Then either drag them back across from iTunes or use copy paste. In Windows You can use a combination of shift or cntrl click to select multiple songs (I don't know about on a Mac though)
Old 03-11-2012, 06:43 AM

Senior Lounger

So sorry I forgot to mention that in the first example you will need to click sync at the end
Old 03-11-2012, 08:56 AM

Freshman Lounger

Lightbulb Fixed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
I was on the phone with Apple Support with a similar problem. There are two things that you could try.

First uncheck manual and click apply. Then check Sync, click Apply, uncheck it, click Apply, and check it one last time, it should start transferring once you check Apply the 3rd time. Allow it to finish.

If that doesn't work, try this:
Click the triangle beside "your iPod" in the left hand side, so that it faces down, and there is a menu below it. Click on the top one "Music" and select the songs that aren't on the iPod, and delete them. Then either drag them back across from iTunes or use copy paste. In Windows You can use a combination of shift or cntrl click to select multiple songs (I don't know about on a Mac though)
I tried all of that and then I started to get the message "The iPod "Jeff" could not be synced because the session failed to start"
So, I went to discussions. apple. com/thread/3544240?start=0&tstart=0 (it won't let me link it) and did what the bottom comment told me to do, it works.
I think I just solved my own problem.

Topic: Songs won't sync

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.