Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Why wont Itunes sync my song to my ipod?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-16-2012, 04:58 PM

Freshman Lounger

Red face Why wont Itunes sync my song to my ipod?

One of my songs I bought from Itunes wasn't playing so I deleted it off my Ipod(IOS 5) and now I tried to add it back with iTunes and no matter what I do it won't sync this song. It doesn't even appear in the purchased tab when in iTunes. I tried syncing the song while its in a playlist, didn't work either. I went on my Itunes account under purchased its there but it won't let me download again. I have Ipod Touch 3G

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:15 PM

I've noticed some quirky behavior ever since the introduction of iCloud, even if you're not using it.

Did you buy the song directly to your device, or did you buy it via your computer?

Does the song play OK in your iTunes library?

Does it 'look' normal in iTunes? (I've seen some re-downloads of purchases turn gray, with a small sync wheel next to them and they won't play).

Maybe log out of your iTunes account on your computer and iPod, then log back in and try again. If you continue to have problems, delete the song from your iTunes library, including the native file, re-sync your iPod and then download the song again to your computer.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:39 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmyplimsoul View Post
I've noticed some quirky behavior ever since the introduction of iCloud, even if you're not using it.

Did you buy the song directly to your device, or did you buy it via your computer?

Does the song play OK in your iTunes library?

Does it 'look' normal in iTunes? (I've seen some re-downloads of purchases turn gray, with a small sync wheel next to them and they won't play).

Maybe log out of your iTunes account on your computer and iPod, then log back in and try again. If you continue to have problems, delete the song from your iTunes library, including the native file, re-sync your iPod and then download the song again to your computer.
I'll tell you, very strange. It worked, and yes recently I've just been downloading from my Ipod. Another song started doing the same thing, so I delete that off my Ipod, off computer. Then went to purchased and downloaded both again. They synced, now it's almost close to the songs on my Ipod. 429/433. For some strange reason, when you download on Ipod, it's not the same amount of songs on my library.

I shouldn't have to delete, then re-download again, but none the less, thank you.

Topic: Why wont Itunes sync my song to my ipod?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.