Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Forgot my passcode and now i cant restore

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-15-2012, 06:09 PM

Freshman Lounger

Red face Forgot my passcode and now i cant restore

I forgot my passcode and i tried to guess it a few times and i cant figure it out, then it said "Ipod is disabled, connect to Itunes" I connected it to itunes and it says could not sync to itunes because i need to enter a passcode on my ipod first, but it wont even let me enter a passcode anymore! I already tried putting it in DFU mode then restoring it. It says restore and update, i updated it and it says error 3149 has occured and didnt restore it. I dont know how to get rid of my passcode! and i jailbroke it while it was still disabled, I STILL CANT GET ON. HOW CAN I FIX THIS, ive tried everything and im getting ####ed!plzzz help me smart ppl also it is not the original computer the ipod was synced to.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:06 PM

Freshman Lounger

mine hasn't been disabled yet it just asked for a passcode. I left my ipod at my dads a few months ago and just forgot the passcode can u help
Old 02-18-2012, 05:02 PM

Just syncing an iPod to its original computer will unlock it so you can change the settings to disable the passcode. Now, if you no longer have access to the computer it was originally synced to, you will NEED to restore it (not update it). That will erase absolutely everything on it and there is no way around that if you don't have access to the original computer.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)
Old 03-19-2012, 06:26 PM

Freshman Lounger

As Kornchild said above that you might HAVE to restore it.

Buuut, since no one has put the steps on how to do that,

I will tell you

Step 1) Turn your iPod off.

Step 2) Hold both the Home & Sleep button at the same time until you see the apple logo.

Step 3) Once you see the logo, let go off the sleep button but continue holding down the home button

Step 4) Wait until the disk and the connector pop up, then let go of the home button, now open iTunes

Step 5) Wants iTunes is up, a message saying that it has found an iPod in restore mode, click ok and restore the iPod

This didn't work for me, but I've heard it work for other people. I think I just screw up each time I try.

Hope this helped you

Topic: Forgot my passcode and now i cant restore

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.