Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Little Help with touch 4G with black screen

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-09-2012, 11:28 AM

Freshman Lounger

Little Help with touch 4G with black screen

Hi,

My nephew gave me his ipod touch 4g and said it won't turn on any more. He never jailbroke it at any time and just used it like apple designed. I did some searching to see if there was any way to bring it back to life.

I first plugged it in for a few hours to charge it (i'm assuming it charged because I can't see anything on the screen).

Then I tried the "top button and front button" reboot trick and nothing happened.

So then I installed the latest version of itunes on my computer and plugged the ipod touch into my computer and it came up saying a message like "the ipod 'eman' cannot be sync'd because it is locked." But with a black screen, i obviously could not enter the code to unlock it.

So then I put it into DFU mode (seemed to work) and itunes gave me the message about being in restore mode and presented the restore button, I did the restore and it appears to successfully restore and I eventually get the message "you ipod has been restored to factory settings and is restarting. it will appear in itunes when it has restarted." But the screen is still blank and it never appears in itunes.
(I've tried putting it into DFU mode and doing the above restore twice now. Both times it says it's successful and says it's restarting, but the screen stays black and never appears in itunes.)

Any suggestions of anything else I could try other than sending it to apple (it has no warrenty left)?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Topic: Little Help with touch 4G with black screen

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.