Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Unlocking 2nd generation iPod touch

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-05-2011, 08:13 PM

Freshman Lounger

Unlocking 2nd generation iPod touch

I have a 2nd generation iPod touch that is locked with a passcode that I don't know. I'm using the lastet version of iTunes but not the original computer that it was originally connected to. I've tried everything to try and get it into recovery mode, holding down the power button and menu button but nothing is working. I get the same message everytime I connect it: "iTunes could not connect to the "iPod touch" because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPod before it can be used with iTunes. I can't get pass that message, I can't even get to a screen on the iPod that will all me to even enter a passcode. All I'm getting is a screen that shows the iTunes symbol and the USB cord. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:49 AM

Senior Lounger

Your iPod already is in a DFU mode. But anyway you can try this...turn off your device by hold down the power and slide to turn off. Then hold down the Home button and plug your iPod into your computer, don't let go of the home button until you see the iPod displayed the iTunes symbol. Hope this trick does for your iPod..

Topic: Unlocking 2nd generation iPod touch

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.