iPod Touch 4G stuck in Recovery Mode?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

xoxoMarissa_D

This morning, I tried to turn on my iPod touch (4G 32GB) but found that it wouldn't repsond. I then plugged it into iTunes and got the message saying "iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode. You must restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes." So, I thought, 'Hey, that's weird.' and then I tried to restore it. Then I recieved the message "The iPod update server could not be contacted. Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later". I have tried resetting my network connection and pretty much everything else, but nothing seems to be helping. What caused this to happen and how do I fix it? Help please ASAP! :shake:

caseyfriday

Audiophile iPods
Website
retrosonicfidelity.com
Have you jailbroken it before? If anyone has jailbroken an iPod Touch/iPhone on your computer, your hosts file might have been modified to connect to Saurik's servers. The edit is easy to fix that.

If none of that makes any sense to you, or if you're just sure it's never been jailbroken, you might just want to try rebooting your computer.

:)

avatrx

fix for recovery loop

I don't have the ipod newest. I have the 3g, but every time I try to update it I end up in that recovery loop.

on the advice of my SIL, who works on this stuff as a hobby, said to download a program called IREB. click on the center box (with your ipod connected) this fixes mine. perhaps it will fix yours also?

I still can't update mine to the new software, but at least I can get out of that miserable recovery loop til I figure out how to update.

Fruggle

This morning, I tried to turn on my iPod touch (4G 32GB) but found that it wouldn't repsond. I then plugged it into iTunes and got the message saying "iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode. You must restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes." So, I thought, 'Hey, that's weird.' and then I tried to restore it. Then I recieved the message "The iPod update server could not be contacted. Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later". I have tried resetting my network connection and pretty much everything else, but nothing seems to be helping. What caused this to happen and how do I fix it? Help please ASAP! :shake:
I would try and download the .IPSW "I Pod Soft Ware" file from Google.

Since I'm still a noob and all I cant post images, so type in "ipod 4th gen ipsw" in to Google. Select the first web page,(osxdaily is what I use), the file that corespondents to your iOS or higher and your hardware type such as (Ipod touch 4G)

Now connect your ipod to your computer, start itunes, press "okay", very important... after download is completed hold "SHIFT" and click "Restore" button, find where you saved your IPSW file and open it. This was you will not require any network usage from apple other than you initial download.

Sorry that I could not post pictures. Maybe at a later time I will be able to... :eek:

Last edited: