Wat Are They For?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

REDSHIFT1

Everytime I look at the playlist with my name on it on the iTunes software there are two groups, each in alphabetical order. The only difference is that the top group has check marks on the left side of the songs, while the bottom group has none.

Anyone know why?

kornchild2002

I am not really understanding what you are asking. You have two playlists in your iTunes library comprised of the same songs? One has checkmarks next to the songs while the other one doesn't? You can post a screenshot of what you are talking about as well.

REDSHIFT1

I am not really understanding what you are asking. You have two playlists in your iTunes library comprised of the same songs? One has checkmarks next to the songs while the other one doesn't? You can post a screenshot of what you are talking about as well.

No. I have one playlist titled "Daddy's". It is just a random assortment of tracks from various cds. There are 83 songs in the list. Yesterday I noticed that the tracks on the top half of the list all have a check mark on the left side of the track name, while the bottom half has none.

kornchild2002

The checkmarks next to songs can be used for syncing content to your iPod. When you plug an iPod into your computer and are at the main iPod window within iTunes, you will see the option of "sync only checked songs and videos." Otherwise the checkmarks really have no meaning. It is also best not to use that type of setup for syncing content as it is extremely cumbersome especially when managing a larger music library. That is where playlists and smart playlists come in.