Cannot locate ipod on itunes Library screes

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

REDSHIFT1

Downloaded some songs from a promotion today I found in a Honeycomb cereal box. Got the songs downloaded into a playlist on the Library screen. However, I the ipod itself does not show up anywhere for me to update it with the new playlists. Usually when I do this, it is listed next to "Devices" but neither "Devices" nor the ipod itself are showing up.

I connected the ipod and started up itunes and got the usual "update" stuff for both. So I selected to update the ipod itdelf since it has been lost for the last two months and just found over the weekend. After an eight-minute process I get the message that the ipod cannot be updated. I checked the suggestions on how to fix this, but have not acted on any yet.

The ipod is still connected to the pc. It is displaying an icon of itunes with an usb cord point towards it from the bottom. And it will not deviate from this screen...I cannot access anything. It just shows this screen.

Even when I disconnect it from the PC, this screen is still there. I have tried turning the unit off and on, but it still shows this screen. What the )(**&^ has happened?