Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: 4G iPod Touch not charging when plugged into computer.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 06-04-2011, 12:34 PM

Freshman Lounger

4G iPod Touch not charging when plugged into computer.

Hi, today I got up and saw that my iPod Touch (4G as the title says) would not turn on, so my first reaction is to go and plug it into my computer, when, to my surprise, nothing happened. The screen just stayed blank. So I took my wall charger and plugged it there and boom! It turned on and began charging, but when I went to unplug it from the wall charger, it turned off. So I am looking for some help on how to get my computer to recognize the USB because when I plug it in, it says USB not recognized. Thanks in advance for the help.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 06-05-2011, 03:07 AM

Senior Lounger

First try to charge your iPod with the wall charger until your battery is fully charged.

Even when you see a charging on your iPod but actually there is no charged to the battery that's why when you unplug your iPod it turned off.

It could be your iPod usb port is bad, or the battery is bad.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:45 AM

Freshman Lounger

I thought it was the USB, so I used my spare I just had around and the same problem occured, so I doubt it has anything to do with the USB, and I left the iPod charging over night and the next morning I went to unplug it and dead. If there is something wrong with the battery I suppose I'm out of luck unless there is a way to replace them.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:00 PM

Senior Lounger

If you still have warranty send it in for them to replace you a new one. If not you can try a third party to fix your iPod.

Like I said it could be your iPod usb connector is bad or it could be the battery itself.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:19 AM

Junior Lounger

Maybe something wrong with your USB port, you can try it again with another computer.

Topic: 4G iPod Touch not charging when plugged into computer.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.