iPod Touch Disabled Help!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jasonhiba

One day my friend borrowed my iPod Touch. He put a passcode to my iPod Touch for fun. I tried to figure the passcode until my iPod Touch was disabled for 1 minute. I gave my iTouch to my friend and told him to enter the correct passcode. He told me he forgot it and we were figuring out the passcode for about 3 hours. Now my iTouch says, iPod is disabled connect to iTunes. I have googled alot of solutions and this is what I got to be most effective so far.

Unplug your iTouch off your USB cable but leave the other end plugged to your computer. Turn off your iTouch by holding the Power Button down until a red slider appears. Slide the slider and wait for your iTouch to turn off. After your iTouch is turned off, hold the home button (circle button with a square logo in it) while plugging the USB cable to your iTouch. Keep holding the home button until a "Connect to iTunes Screen" appears on your iTouch. (iTunes logo with a USB cable picture) iTunes will then pop up on your computer with a alert saying you will need to restore your iDevice to connect to iTunes.

I did all those and pressed restore. My computer downloads the iPod Software Update. After a few minutes the "Connect to iTunes" screen on my iTouch disappears and iTunes on my computer says, iPod Touch is locked with a passcode, please enter the passcode for iTunes to verify your iPod or something like that. But then the iPod Software Update is still downloading on iTunes and my iTouch is back to the screen where it says iPod is disabled connect to iTunes. Please help ! I have this problem for 2 days now.

Solution2Ipod

You are fine. iPod will automatically turn back to your pass code if you have it seated there for more than 5 minute. And once it go back to Pass Code iTunes can't recognized it. Your have to repeat the step again.

What you need to do is go to Apple website and download the patch 10.2. and update your firmware to 3.1.3 for touch 1G, 4.2.1 for 2G model MB & MC, 4.3.3 for 3G and 4G
You can get these firmware on the net just search for it. When you finish downloading the firmware to your PC.
Set your iPod to DFU mode again, turn on your iTunes, plug your iPod in and (Hold down Shift on the key board, click Restore the browser will pop up look for the firmware that you just downloaded select it and click open).

Last edited: