The left earbud doesnt work on my ipod touch - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: The left earbud doesnt work on my ipod touch

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-10-2011, 10:52 AM

Freshman Lounger

The left earbud doesnt work on my ipod touch

I have the third gen 32gb ipod touch and the left earbud/headphone/speaker doesnt work anymore. I know it is not the headphones because i triend severald different pairs and new pairs. help!
the one year apple warrenty expired in decemeber
Old 04-14-2011, 12:13 PM

Reclined Lounger

You need the earjack replacing, Not an expensive job if you know where to send it ;-)

Dave
Forum Policy - No Advertising in Forums by Commercial Members
Old 04-19-2011, 01:50 PM

Freshman Lounger

Does the jack snap in place like before? I'm asking because sometimes, if you carry the iPod in your pocket, lint can find its way into the earphone jack and eventually prevent the plug to go all the way in. If this is your case, use a sharp tool and try (VERY carefully) removing what could be in the hole. I had this issue and used a paper clip to successfully restore my earphone connection.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:55 AM

Lastly, and this is just for good measure, you should restore your iPod using iTunes. This will erase absolutely everything on it and ensure that you are in fact experiencing a hardware problem (which is likely the case but it is always best to check and there is no harm in restoring your iPod). You can also try looking down into the headphone jack and seeing if there is any type of discoloration as the connector might be dirty (aside from it possibly being clogged with lint/debris).

128GB iPhone 6S Plus (soon) | Apple Watch 2 (not as soon) | AppleTV 2 (2012) | Microsoft Surface 3 128GB | Beats Studio Wireless | V-Moda Crossfade M-100 | UE Megaboom
Old 05-24-2012, 08:50 PM

Freshman Lounger

I have exactly the same problem... I've used the same earphone for 6 years when I am still using the retro iPod Mini and there is no problem at all.. when I bought iPod Touch the earphone I am using now is the 3rd earphone broken on the left speaker(including my 6 year old earphone T_T).. I bought an iPod Nano recently and it seems to have the same problem... what's with the new generation iPods? :S

Topic: The left earbud doesnt work on my ipod touch

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.