Problem with new Ipod touch - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Problem with new Ipod touch

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-05-2011, 11:06 PM

Freshman Lounger

Problem with new Ipod touch

I bought a new Ipod touch this afternoon from Best Buy and brought it home to sync to my computer since I had a lot of songs and stuff I wanted to listen to. Long story short, it wouldn't do anything, wouldn't sync, wouldn't update to the new version, wouldn't reset. So, I took it back and got another one. The only thing is I'm having the same problem and now it's stuck trying to reset and won't go anywhere. I'm frustrated beyond belief and need a fix that doesn't involve a third Ipod and another trip to the store. Here's what I've done in an attempt to solve the problem:

1. used multiple cords to plug into the computer.
2. charged up the ipod in a wall socket
3. used multiple usb ports to attempt to use itunes
4. restarted my computer

I don't know what else to do, and I could really use the advice. Thanks to anyone who can come up with a solution in advance!

Andrea
Old 04-06-2011, 02:43 PM

Pro Lounger

Hi, and welcome to iLounge.

I hate to ask a dumb question, but you did not mention iTunes. Did you install iTunes on your computer and then connect your Touch? Your Touch will not work if iTunes is not installed.

iPod Touch 4G 64GB-iPod Classic 160GB - Cowon X7 160GB - iRiver H320
Old 04-06-2011, 06:20 PM

Pro Lounger

Quote:
but you did not mention iTunes.
Actually, step three above does mention itunes.

When you hooked up your ipod, it should have prompted you to register it. Primarily for warranty purposes. Since you are having issues right from the start, go ahead and try a restore and see if that helps. Otherwise, you may be looking for a third ipod. Do you own any other ipods to at least eliminate the cord as being the issue?

You may also have an ipod that does not have the latest update. Of which you need to try and update. If you are running through a router, unplug the ethernet from the router and go directly into your modem and give that a try also.

Topic: Problem with new Ipod touch

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.