iPod Touch, Corrupted Music Data? Help, please!! - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPod Touch, Corrupted Music Data? Help, please!!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-03-2011, 05:39 PM

Freshman Lounger

iPod Touch, Corrupted Music Data? Help, please!!

Okay so I own a recently jailbroken iPod Touch 3G running on 4.2.1. I'm using the latest version of iTunes on Windows Vista.

So the other day I plugged my ipod into my pc to remove some music to free up space. I deleted the desired songs, and the ipod was syncing. I then took it out in a hurry after a minute or so, because I had to go somewhere, and I never go anywhere without my touch. So I unplugged it from the USB and split. Everything worked fine, till I wanted to listen to some music. I opened the app and it said that there was no content. I plugged it back into my pc and into iTunes, and it says "iTunes could not read the contents of 'Mike's iPod Touch'. Go the summary tab in iPod preferences and click restore to restore the iPod to its factory settings". Now I really don't wanna do this, because I've got plenty of apps and savegames and stuff, which I haven't backed up, and since iTunes can't read the ipod, I can't even back them up. And I have a good 25gb worth of music, and I don't wanna lose all that, because I deleted it from my PC after placing it on my PC (Yes, I'm a pirate. I know I should be ashamed of myself). And furthermore, when inspecting my iPod with iFile and DiskAid, I find that all the songs are indeed there, I can listen to them through iFile even, but the iPod seems to not realize this. Furthermore, I can't seem to copy the files over from the iPod due to DiskAid crashing during the transfers, and when I attempt to manually do so, I can't get into the inner iPod files like I used to to copy them. (You know, enabling hidden folders and all). My PC sees the touch as a camera. I really wanna work this out, so if anyone, anyone can help me, I'd be so incredibly thankful.

Thank you in advance!!

-Mike
Old 04-03-2011, 07:46 PM

Veteran Lounger

Your best options are to try Resetting the iPod by holding the Home and Sleep buttons till it restarts. If that doesn't fix it Restore is your only option and you will have to recover the files or delete them during the Restore. Try the tips in Copying Content from your iPod to your Computer - The Definitive Guide. The touch is a little different beast to recover files off so you may need something that is made specifically for the touch/iPhone.

Now you know why it's good to keep a back up of your media files. Get an external drive and a good back up routine before it happens again. You should have at least 2 copies of your files, not counting the ones on an iPod.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac
Old 04-03-2011, 10:42 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks for the reply. I've found a way to copy off the music from my touch to my PC. I used DiskAid on a more pwerful PC. It's worked, so all I gotta do is reset. And thanks, an external drive is a great Ida. Right now all my music is on my PC and I haver zero space till I transfer tomorrow after I do a restore. Losing app progress and my jailbreak is fine, I can redo all that. Thanks for your help!

Topic: iPod Touch, Corrupted Music Data? Help, please!!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.