ipod touch wont update to 4.2...ISSUE RESOLVED!!! - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: ipod touch wont update to 4.2...ISSUE RESOLVED!!!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-13-2011, 10:12 PM

Freshman Lounger

ipod touch wont update to 4.2...ISSUE RESOLVED!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know I resloved the issue with the ipod touch not updating to 4.2... when it says the connection has times out..... if you are using a wireless router....... you need to update your router drivers... works beautiful..... or you can bypass the router and plug your internet directly into your computer, that works also... good luck to everyone still having the issue. I am all updated.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:29 AM

Veteran Lounger

Hey, that's great to hear! Glad you found a cure so quickly...the "Connection timed out" problem can literally have any one or two of a whole list of causes -- router firmware, router UPnP setup, router firewalls, bad DNS caches, Internet Explorer settings (even if you don't use IE), anti-virus interaction, bad Hosts file, bad iTunes Store cache...well, it's a long list (I was just filling out such a list when you posted, so I'm doubly glad ;-)

P'bly be a good idea to check with Apple on that serial number.... It's not unheard of for folks to buy an iPod at WalMart, put their old iPod in the packaging, and then "return" the product. If it truly is a new unit you deserve warranty protection, and if it's not a new unit you deserve some accommodation from WalMart.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:32 PM

Freshman Lounger

I had no clue the router would have anything to do with it, I never thought of updating the firmware... I did shut down firewalls and antivirus too.
I did call Apple, the ipod was still under warranty, apparently whomever took my message at the apple site did not know what they were talking about, but it is still under warranty should I have any other issues.... it took almost 2 hours on the phone and trying different things, but we finally figured it out, something so simple as an update to the firmware... how frustrating.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:02 AM

Freshman Lounger

wow oh wow!!! i would have never thought in a million years this would have any kind of effect on this. i went into my belkin router and checked to see if there were any updates on the firmware. there were none, but went to belkins site and found an update. im not too familiar with the numbers so i dont know if i updated it or downgraded it but it worked. i backed up my settings incase i need to go back to the firmware version i had before.

i kept getting the timed out error so many ppl are getting -3259. so annoying. i dont know how u figured this out or where u found the info from, but thank u so very very very much.

now if i could get my new digitizer (the touch screen) to respond, everything will be peachy. im pretty good with electronics. bought an old hp laptop on ebay years back in pieces and pieced it all together and got it running. didnt have the funds or credit to go buy a new laptop. so i took the cheap route and still using it today. its kinda old (2002 i think) but runs strong for the basic stuff i need it for. i installed my new screen on my ebay ipod but still nothing. everything else works. ill eventually figure this out.

thanks again for the advice. im so happy im making progress with this $45 ipod on ebay. with every hurdle i hit with my laptop build, i just kept going. kept researching info and kept telling myself, ive come this far... why stop now? i kept going til i got it. trial and error and learned a whole lot.

::jumping for joy:: software update on ipod just got done. thanks again and stay blessed :O)

Topic: ipod touch wont update to 4.2...ISSUE RESOLVED!!!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.