OK! 1 cool thing and alot of questions! - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: OK! 1 cool thing and alot of questions!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-12-2011, 07:29 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thumbs up OK! 1 cool thing and alot of questions!

Ok now I found this really cool thing but there wasn't any mention of it on the Internet so yea...
Ok so when I was downloading a movie on to my ipod4, iOS.4.2.1, I didn't realized that I didn't have enough space(my iPod is 8gb by the way) so I was surprised when the download just kept going, all the way till it finished! The movie was whole and I must have gone over the limit by 300mb! How cool is that, I get more space on my iPod!

Now back to the questions:
1) so is there any way to download music straight to ur music library on u iPod without a computer?

2) Is there any difference between one jailbreaking site and another?

3) what is a good site to jailbreak for 4.2.1

4) So no music form iTunes?

I'm sure there are many more questions I have to ask but the elude me right now! Thank you so much for your help
Old 03-12-2011, 08:46 PM

Hello and welcome to the forums. Just an FYI - an iPod cannot physically work with files larger than their available capacity, that is simply impossible unless the iPod touch somehow manages to violate physics and computer laws. Your iPod had extra space that was no longer being used by an app. So don't expect that type of performance all the time as this was likely a onetime fluke.

1. You can buy music from the iTunes Store directly with the iPod touch, that is it. The iPod NEEDS a source for its media and that is a computer 99.9999% of the time. Apple setup iPods to function like this starting with the first ever iPod in 2001 and things haven't really changed.

2. Between the actual websites? Sure, there are differences. Some have better communities, some have better developer support, and so on.

3. I suggest you browse the Hacks and Mods section of iLounge as that question has been asked and answered ad nauseum.

4. What do you mean no music from iTunes?

128GB iPhone 6S Plus (soon) | Apple Watch 2 (not as soon) | AppleTV 2 (2012) | Microsoft Surface 3 128GB | Beats Studio Wireless | V-Moda Crossfade M-100 | UE Megaboom
Old 03-13-2011, 01:30 AM

Freshman Lounger

Ok thank u! But seriously I have been over using the iPod's capacity alot lately! It keeps saying I have no space left and please delete some photos or videos! So I think it must be a wrong space availability display!
And thank u so much for ur answers! I found what I needed in the other forums!
Urm what I really don't understand is why we can't get free music from iTunes once u jailbroke ur iPod!
thank you
Old 03-13-2011, 12:45 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steaksauce View Post
Urm what I really don't understand is why we can't get free music from iTunes once u jailbroke ur iPod!
thank you
What do you think jailbreaking is?
And getting 'free' music from iTunes would be theft.
I suggest you read the forum rules about that before posting nonsense again.

Topic: OK! 1 cool thing and alot of questions!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.