iPod touch2g headphone/ speaker problem - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPod touch2g headphone/ speaker problem

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-03-2011, 10:58 PM

Freshman Lounger

iPod touch2g headphone/ speaker problem

Hi all, I have a problem that I think is quite uncommon. The problem is simple but hard to describe: basically when my iPod decides whether to use speakers or the headphone to play sound, it doesn't detect it properly. For example if I'm watching a YouTube video without headphones plugged in, my iPod would sometimes choose to play thru speakers and sometimes decide to play thru headphones(I'm watching the video without headphone plugged in, thus NO SOUND). It is exactly like having the headphones plugged in and out 10 times during the course of a 3 minute YouTube video. It is annoying because my speakers hardly have a chance to work an the videos keeps pausing( when you plug out headphones during video)

So my solution is that is there anysort of way to force iPod to speaker mode or force iPod to headphone mode, much like the toggles on sbsettings
Old 03-08-2011, 05:57 PM

Freshman Lounger

get a new ipod
Old 03-10-2011, 02:31 PM

Senior Lounger

Say, eleyna, that's real helpful advice! :-)

Luisic, have you tried shutting down the device completely and then restarting? Or, tried using a different app that emits continuous sound, e.g., Pandora? That way, you could tell if it occurs across all apps.

If push comes to shove, how about a backup and restore?

Failing that--and any other more tech-based advice you find on Google (or hear here), are you under Apple Care? Are you near an Apple store? I've found that Apple's incredibly helpful.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:32 AM

Pro Lounger

Are you aware that the volume control for headphones is separate from volume control for the internal speaker? First thing to check when trying to use the internal speaker is to make sure the volume is turned up. It is possible to have the volume turned all the way up on the headphones, pull the plug out and have no volume on the speaker because it is turned all the way down. Just my .02

Topic: iPod touch2g headphone/ speaker problem

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.