Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Weird touchscreen/digitizer problem

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-01-2011, 02:19 PM

Freshman Lounger

Red face Weird touchscreen/digitizer problem

I'm new to Macs, iPods and this forum, so please, be gentle:

I have what I believe is a 1st genertion iPod Touch v 3.1.3 (7E18)

Recently, the touchscreen (or is the proper term digitizer?) became somewhat unresponsive. The slide to unlock works perfectly fine, however the touch screen itself will becomes unresponsive if I don't touch anything for more than five seconds. If I press the sleep button and slide to unlock again, everything is fine, but again, if I leave it alone for more than five seconds, the screen is unresponsive until I press the sleep button again. Thus, anything I want to do, I have to do it without pausing between screen taps.

-The home button works fine, as do Wifi and all the functions of the iPod

-I've reset and totally restored the iPod, but to no avail. I then reset to factory settings, treating it as a new iPod but again, no luck.

I hope I'm conveying my issue so that you guys can understand it. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: So, after being introduced to this forum, I read about jailbreaking and I did it. Added a NES Emulator and was able to play just fine, since most games you keep your thumb on the D-Pad. So from what I've gathered is that so long as I keep a finger on the screen, I'm fine, but once I lift it, I've got about three seconds to touch the screen again or it will become unresponsive, requiring me to push the sleep button, push it again to turn it back on and slide to unlock.

Last edited by onlybuilt1906; 03-01-2011 at 08:29 PM.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Topic: Weird touchscreen/digitizer problem

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.