Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: All my apps were deleted!!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-15-2011, 12:55 PM

Freshman Lounger

Red face All my apps were deleted!!

We just got a new computer, so I decided to sync my ipod to the computer. I left and came back about three minutes later. It was still syncing and I looked at the loading bar. It said "removing Angry Birds", then "Removing Doodle Jump." I freaked out and unplugged my ipod. When I unlocked it, there were about 12 of my apps left. I had 123. And now I can't find any of my apps on iTunes or my ipod. What do I do?!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:32 PM

Veteran Lounger

When you plugged it into the new computer iTunes should have prompted you that it must Restore the iPod to have it sync with the new iTunes library. Restore erases all media and app files off the iPod during this process. You could connect the iPod back up to the old computer and restore it using the back up, all the apps will sync back if they are in the old iTunes library. Once you have them back on the iPod log into your iTunes Store account on the new PC before you connect the iPod. Say no if it wants to Restore it, once you are able you can right click the iPod in iTunes and select "Transfer Purchases". I believe this is also covered in the prompts as well. These steps are also covered in Copying Content from your iPod to your Computer - The Definitive Guide.

App purchases can also be downloaded again using the same account they were bought in free of charge if you have no access to the old copies.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac
Old 01-15-2011, 01:37 PM

Freshman Lounger

Okay let me see if I have this straight. First I need to connect it to the old computer, get my apps back, then connect it to the new computer. Then go to transfer purchases, and I should have the apps on the new PC then?
Old 01-16-2011, 02:29 AM

Veteran Lounger

I assume you were syncing your iPod with the old computer regularly and all your purchases are still in iTunes on it's hard drive. If you sync it with that computer it will copy the files back to the iPod. Then follow the tips in the article.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac
Old 01-16-2011, 07:08 PM

Freshman Lounger

thank you for your help.. the reason I was worried about your answer is because the old computer basically crashed, but my dad and I were able to get it in safe mode. I got all my apps back.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:56 AM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ght123 View Post
We just got a new computer, so I decided to sync my ipod to the computer. I left and came back about three minutes later. It was still syncing and I looked at the loading bar. It said "removing Angry Birds", then "Removing Doodle Jump." I freaked out and unplugged my ipod. When I unlocked it, there were about 12 of my apps left. I had 123. And now I can't find any of my apps on iTunes or my ipod. What do I do?!
I think you can find them in recycle bin.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:21 PM

Freshman Lounger

you had to make sure that u checked all the apps that u had
Old 01-21-2011, 01:23 PM

Freshman Lounger

my question is somewhat related.

i recently upgraded my OS on my desktop. backed up my Apps, so iTunes has everything.

but when i check mark the Sync Apps, it removes all my folder organization on my iPod.

is there a way to stop this from happening?

Topic: All my apps were deleted!!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.