Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Is iPod touch data recovery possible?

Closed Thread Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 01-06-2011, 08:34 PM

Freshman Lounger

Is iPod touch data recovery possible?

I accidentally deleted pictures from my ipod touch that were never synced onto my computer. Is it possible to recover them? I have looked into third party data recovery software programs, but none seem to support the ipod touch. So, is it possible? I just need to know so I can get this done or learn to let it go!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:24 PM

Junior Lounger

I think it is impossible, at least in recent years.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:26 PM

Senior Lounger

I tried using pandora recovery on mine but it didn't work.

These guys claim that it is posible.
iPod Touch Data Recovery Software

Sent From my Ipod Shuffle
Old 01-07-2011, 12:04 PM

Veteran Lounger

DriveSavers also claims to be able to recover data from iPods. Try the demo for the software Intruder mentioned first, it will be much cheaper. It will probably tell you if it can recover them before you pay. Be aware the more you use the iPod the less chance you will have to recover the files since they will get over-written by new data.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac
Old 01-08-2011, 03:13 PM

Freshman Lounger

I think it is a lost cause. I tried the demo of the software Intruder suggested among others I found but none recognize the ipod touch as a readable volume. I suppose I could send it to Drive Savers and have them do it, but it is more than I want to pay. Thanks for the help, it feels good just to know so I can let go and finally use my ipod again in peace!
Old 01-08-2011, 05:21 PM

Data recovery programs are hit or miss in terms of being able to fully recover files on iPods. To my knowledge, the iPod touch is not supported by most of these programs because it is not a mountable drive like other iPods. The location where pictures are stored is mountable but this is always changing in volume depending on how many photos you take and if you delete them or not. That only further complicates things.

Even if you could get something to read the iPod touch, I doubt you would be able to fully recovery the missing pictures if you could even find them at all. I am not a fan of data recovery programs as I have always had bad luck with them, even a $2500 software package I have at work.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)
Old 05-02-2011, 05:51 AM

Freshman Lounger

ipod touch data recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops! View Post
I accidentally deleted pictures from my ipod touch that were never synced onto my computer. Is it possible to recover them? I have looked into third party data recovery software programs, but none seem to support the ipod touch. So, is it possible? I just need to know so I can get this done or learn to let it go!

yes, ipod data recovery is possible. becuause these days there are different types of software available which is able to recover data from the ipod touch. try the best application to recover the ipod touch data.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:59 AM

Freshman Lounger

Hfs+

I've read that Apple uses HFS+ filesystem. Is this filesystem visible by windows? Anyone tried to access it with a partition manager on both windows and OSX?

Last edited by GustavoB; 10-31-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:47 PM

Not sure why this is coming up but... The iPod touch does use the HFS+ file system but it is not mountable under Windows without jailbreaking it. You can't even mount an iPod touch under Linux, Unix, or Mac OS X. iOS blocks it from being a mountable device and the only portion that can be mounted has to do with taking pictures with the iPod's camera and saving images using Safari on the iPod. That is the only portion that can normally be seen by computers. As I said 9 months ago, its volume size is constantly changing based on how many photos are being stored by the iPod. This is completely different from photos synced to an iPod with iTunes/iPhoto.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)
Old 10-31-2011, 07:48 PM

Freshman Lounger

Then jailbreak would make it possible? Are there some cosequences on jbreaking the iTouch? I've read that jailbreaking the Iphone would make it became an iBrick but i found nothing about the Touch.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:03 PM

Freshman Lounger

Don't buy into the FREE listed with this... it runs it and looks like it is finding your files but won't let you open or save them until you purchase a $50 activation code... Now I'm back to square one.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:30 AM

Freshman Lounger

ipod recovery

iPod recovery software
Old 06-22-2012, 09:09 AM

Freshman Lounger

Recovery from iPods

Hello there,
Number of reason are there behind the loss of data form iPod, as the help had been asked for data recovery i would like to tell something regarding recovery which might can help. The only condition for recovery is that the location from where the data was deleted must not be overwritten with the other data. IPod recovery utility tools can be employed in order to make recovery. For this one can go for the trail version if he/she is having one percent of doubt on software. After if the download proves to be good then complete version can be downloaded.

Regards
Galcy
Old 06-26-2012, 08:45 AM

Senior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops! View Post
I accidentally deleted pictures from my ipod touch that were never synced onto my computer.
I doubt recovery software will bring back the pictures in a format readable by your computer or bring them back at all. There are two conditions which must be true if you were to try and bring back these pictures:

1. the pictures must have been on your Camera Roll
2. you should have synced your iPod Touch with your iTunes (not necessarily the pictures themselves - could be a song or two - any sync) at least once before you deleted the pics

If both conditions are true - your pictures will be restored once you restore iPod to factory settings via iTunes. Upon iTunes prompt, select the backup date closest to before you deleted the pics.

Of course factory reset will delete all your current iPod media tracks but if you have them loaded in your iTunes already, that is not a problem.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:01 AM

Freshman Lounger

recovery

Hello there ,
Photos are saved in different mediums and are used to recall memories. iPods are used to save the picture sometimes, but at the same time have ways in which files are lost and then might can hurt the sentiments, i am having the iPods nano and kept the photos in it but unfortunately i lost all of them . but i was able to do jpeg recovery from iPod nano by using third party tool but you might be not lucky as i was so better keep backups and restoring points .

Regards
Eden

Topic: Is iPod touch data recovery possible?

Closed Thread Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.