Watching Videos on 4g Touch on TV

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Super-Papa

My son received a 4G touch for Christmas. He wants to be able to watch the movies and tv shows that are on his ipod on a tv. I have a docking station that works with my older classic ipod but I can't seem to get his new touch to display video out just audio. I have the dock connected using a an S video cable and audio through the red/white RCA cables. I have changed the settings for the video to out to tv. Is there anything else I'm missing? Thanks for any help!

kornchild2002

The new iPods do not support the older methods of video output. They require an authentication chip in order to output video. You will have to buy a set of new cables to hook the iPod up to a TV. You can buy composite cables (yellow for video and red and white for audio), component cables (red, blue, and green for video and red and white for audio), or even Apple's iPad VGA adapter (which won't work with videos purchased from the iTunes Store!).

Either way, you are going to have to purchase a new set of cables. You can go with Apple's cables (which are bundled with the cables and an AC adapter) or a 3rd part option so long as they explicitly list 4G iPod touch compatibility.

Super-Papa

Thanks for the info... I kind of figured it was something along those lines, I just didn't want to accept that I'd have to buy more cables...

The new iPods do not support the older methods of video output. They require an authentication chip in order to output video. You will have to buy a set of new cables to hook the iPod up to a TV. You can buy composite cables (yellow for video and red and white for audio), component cables (red, blue, and green for video and red and white for audio), or even Apple's iPad VGA adapter (which won't work with videos purchased from the iTunes Store!).

Either way, you are going to have to purchase a new set of cables. You can go with Apple's cables (which are bundled with the cables and an AC adapter) or a 3rd part option so long as they explicitly list 4G iPod touch compatibility.