Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Ipod Touch not syncing all songs

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-11-2010, 11:25 PM

Freshman Lounger

Ipod Touch not syncing all songs

Recently my iPod Touch 3G has stopped syncing random songs in my playlists. I have 4.1 jailbroken iOS. The one playlist ive been trying to fix has 76 songs, but my ipod only shows 65 of them. The song files do exist, they play in itunes. I have tried manually managing on/off and resyncing entire music library and nothing helped. I did a restore and re jailbroke it which fixed the problem for a bit, but it started doing this again when i added a couple new songs (4 songs to be exact).
I have tried testing with one specific song that wasnt syncing. I moved it to a different directory (desktop) and added back to library. Made a new playlist with that song and synced. This worked, though when i added the original that is in My Music folder to this "test" playlist, it didnt show up.
After picking out the songs, i found that they are all russian songs. But i never had a problem with them before. The file names and itunes song names are both in english and russian for some songs so its not a file name problem.
Also, these new songs that refuse to sync are not the same ones as last time.
Any have a clue of why this is happening?

PS: Just tried to rename the file (changed a "ja" ending to a "ya" ending of one song file) and readded it and it started to sync again O_o

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:09 AM

Junior Lounger

Just a stab here but make sure the Media Kind is set to music for the songs in question.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:47 PM

Freshman Lounger

It is set to Music. Tried changing it to podcast and back but did not help.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:45 PM

Freshman Lounger

The forum wont let me edit, so sorry for the bump.
I found that the songs that refuse to sync are not constant and change every once in a while. Had a playlist made of the ones that are bugged, and after a couple syncs, some of them went on the ipod. But, it now has 65/80 songs instead of the previous 70/80 songs so its getting worse! And i cant keep track of the songs.

Update: Success! Partially. got 76/80 songs to show. Last night i remembered that i edited a registry a looong time ago so that windows would show russian as russian instead of gibberish in programs. That didnt fix anything. But, today i thought id listen to some of the songs and suddenly, the russian text in itunes turned to gibberish when i played one of the songs. i tried syncing and it worked!
Path: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlS et\Control\NIs\CodePage
Value Name: 1252
Value Data c_1251.nls <--- This by default is 1252 but i changed it for the language compatability. Set it back to 1251 and itunes worked.

Now to figure out whats up with the last 4 songs and im good

Update2: Now its back to 70/80 after i manually went through all the russian songs and rewrote their info. it also wont sync english songs. Back to square one

Update3: Complete success! Fixed everything. Went through all the files in that playlist and checked the info of the missing songs. Turned out that they all had one of the "Track Number" fields filled, but not the other. So there would be "Track number 54 of ___" And that blank, or the single value entered, would prevent the song from syncing. Cleared all the fields but name and artist, and everything is fine.

To sum up:
1. Had to revert that registry key to default value, then go through all the russian songs so that they would be read, and renamed by iTunes to some giberish.
2. Go through all the songs, go to Get Info, and clear all fields but the Song Name and Artist.
3. Profit

Last edited by MrSteak; 11-20-2010 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Fixed
Old 11-21-2010, 05:28 AM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSteak View Post
2. Go through all the songs, go to Get Info, and clear all fields but the Song Name and Artist.
You could've selected all the songs, clicked Get Info, and then removed all of the values in one fell swoop.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:13 PM

Freshman Lounger

Similar Issue

I had this problem with about a dozen songs when I upgraded to a Touch from a Classic. I looked at "DISPLAY DUPLICATES" in iTunes and found a LOT of duplicated songs. I clicked on each and some were not available. Those were deleted and the one that was available was kept. Then I synced again and the problem was resolved.

Topic: Ipod Touch not syncing all songs

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.