Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: 4G Camera Problems

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-16-2010, 01:31 PM

Freshman Lounger

4G Camera Problems

Okay, so I got my new iPod (4G, 32GB, 4.1) today and it's all great, apart from the camera.

The camera will take photos, but no videos. When trying to take a video, I hit the record button which then beeps and greys out. It doesn't film anything and nothing on the screen works once I've pressed record. There's no way to stop supposed recording.

The other thing is that the pictures don't seem to save. I can take pictures, and they appear in my camera roll, but if I try to delete or mail them, it says "Saving Photo" and hangs. I have to use the home button to get out of it.
If I try to upload the photos to Facebook, the Camera Roll folder appears empty. If I turn the iPod off and on again, the pictures are all gone.

I also noticed that the iPod doesn't appear in My Computer or ask to import photos like my old 2G did.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Ryan

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:01 PM

Power Lounger

Try a restore in iTunes.

Sounds like there's a software glitch - a restore may help to debug the iPod.

iPhone 5 64gb // SOL Republic Tracks HD // iPad Mini 64 gb wifi // Apple TV 3 // iMac 21.5 //
Old 09-16-2010, 05:02 PM

Power Lounger

Another thing to think about...do you have any available memory on the device?

If you've filled it with media, there won't be room for photos or videos.

iPhone 5 64gb // SOL Republic Tracks HD // iPad Mini 64 gb wifi // Apple TV 3 // iMac 21.5 //

Topic: 4G Camera Problems

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.