Buzzing over iPod dock

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

tecweston

I bought a new iPod touch this week. But, I've been using a nano for the last two years with an iPod dock, and the sound comes out perfectly. When I put the touch in the dock there's a loud buzzing underneath the music. I put it on airplane mode because I thought it might be interference from the wifi, but that didn't make a difference. Not a huge deal because I can listen over the internal speaker or through headphones, but the battery drains so quickly I have to charge it twice a day, and it'd be a lot easier if I could just leave it in the dock.

EDIT: I should mention the make and model of the iPod dock. It's a Philips SBD6050.

slein

I would check the audio cable and make sure it is securely in the dock and make sure your touch is completely seated in the dock too.

Also check the volume level of your touch. When I put mine on the dock the volume often goes to a low level. I use the volume rocker to make sure it is at full volume.

tecweston

I would check the audio cable and make sure it is securely in the dock and make sure your touch is completely seated in the dock too.

Also check the volume level of your touch. When I put mine on the dock the volume often goes to a low level. I use the volume rocker to make sure it is at full volume.
Yeah, it's in there securely.

I just tried your suggestion with the volume, I turned it all the way down before plugging it into the dock but it still makes the buzzing.

tecweston

Any other thoughts? It's still making the buzzing noise. I crank the volume up to listen to Pandora over the dock to drown out the buzzing, but during quiet moments it's irritating.