Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How do I jailbreak the Ipod Touch 4th Generation???!!!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-08-2010, 05:04 AM

Freshman Lounger

How do I jailbreak the Ipod Touch 4th Generation???!!!

I'm getting an Ipod Touch 8gb 4th generation and can't find anything on the internet about jail breaking this one. Anyway I can? Or do I have to wait till someone makes the software?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:48 AM

I don't think that iOS 4 has been properly jailbroken just yet. It may have been here and there but I don't think a public release of the software to do it has been made available (at least not for modern hardware). From what I have found, you can jailbreak iOS 4 running on an iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, and 2G iPod touch. The software didn't make any mention of iOS 4 on a 3G iPod touch, 4G iPod touch, or the iPhone 4.

The jailbreak community normally takes a little while to properly infiltrate iOS. iOS 4 has been publicly available for only 3 months.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)
Old 09-08-2010, 07:52 AM

Senior Lounger

The 4th gen touch ships with iOS4.1 and there are presently no jailbreaks for that, also as the 3rd gen had a new version bootROM to try and counter the jailbreak community the 4th gen may have similar hardware changes to make jailbreaking more difficult. We really won't know till the gurus get their hands on the new device.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:53 AM

Freshman Lounger

Thumbs up Same problem

as far as I know SHAtter have found an exploit but it hasn't been released to he public yet. I also have a 32 gb iPod touch 4th gen and waiting for the jailbreak to arrive. Pod2g and the iPhone dev team are also working on a solution to jb the new idevice but the new one has a new bootrom so you'll have to wait a few days at this state (^◇^)
Old 10-02-2010, 07:53 AM

Freshman Lounger

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitra7 View Post
as far as I know SHAtter have found an exploit but it hasn't been released to he public yet. I also have a 32 gb iPod touch 4th gen and waiting for the jailbreak to arrive. Pod2g and the iPhone dev team are also working on a solution to jb the new idevice but the new one has a new bootrom so you'll have to wait a few days at this state (^◇^)
Update:
Pod2g has found an exploit that will jailbreak all iOS 4.1 devices and may even include the new iPod touch. This will probably be an untethered jailbreak, which means that you don't have to re-jailbreak he iPod every time you reboot it!
Old 10-02-2010, 10:29 PM

Junior Lounger

!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2010, 10:29 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Update:
Pod2g has found an exploit that will jailbreak all iOS 4.1 devices and may even include the new iPod touch. This will probably be an untethered jailbreak, which means that you don't have to re-jailbreak he iPod every time you reboot it!
will you send me the link to download it please?
Old 10-03-2010, 10:01 PM

Freshman Lounger

Talking JB Tool Will Be Released Soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries205 View Post
will you send me the link to download it please?
Aries205, the jailbreak tool (Which could be redsn0w, greenp0ison, SHAtter or Pwnagetool) hasn't been released yet but as soon as it comes out, it will be available as a download at the following link:

Dev-Team Blog

As you can see, there is a video of SHAttered iPod Touch 4th Gen, but the tool is still in beta and may take a few days until it is released.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:01 PM

Freshman Lounger

I need help i got the ipod touch without realizing that it wasnt compatible with my mac because it is an older version... Os x 10.4.11 is there any way i can use this with my mac?
Old 10-04-2010, 10:05 PM

Pro Lounger

Unlikely that you'll ever be able to use it on that mac. Jailbreak won't won't let it work with older itunes. I would think about upgrading the mac/pc or getting a different device.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:47 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Update:
is there a website for this?
Old 01-11-2011, 02:34 AM

Junior Lounger

Step 1. Download GreenPois0n for your OS and run it as administrator.
Step 2. Power off your device and connect it to the PC, then click Prepare to Jailbreak (DFU).
Step 3. Follow the GreenPois0n instructions and get your phone into DFU mode.
Step 4. Once in DFU mode, click the ‘Jailbreak!’ button to jailbreak your device and wait for GreenPois0n to complete setup and for your device to reboot to home screen.
Step 5. You should now have the new ‘Loader’ icon on your springboard. Launch it and then – Select Cydia > Install Cydia.
Step 6. After installing Cydia you will be asked if you want to remove ‘Loader’. Select to do so and then your device will reboot.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:26 PM

Freshman Lounger

ipod touch jail break

if you want green poision (wich i reckomend) you have to have a version 4.2.1 but idk how to lower your version sorry hope it helps a little pls comment if know how thx

Topic: How do I jailbreak the Ipod Touch 4th Generation???!!!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.