How do I jailbreak the Ipod Touch 4th Generation???!!!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

daltdonski

I'm getting an Ipod Touch 8gb 4th generation and can't find anything on the internet about jail breaking this one. Anyway I can? Or do I have to wait till someone makes the software?

kornchild2002

I don't think that iOS 4 has been properly jailbroken just yet. It may have been here and there but I don't think a public release of the software to do it has been made available (at least not for modern hardware). From what I have found, you can jailbreak iOS 4 running on an iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, and 2G iPod touch. The software didn't make any mention of iOS 4 on a 3G iPod touch, 4G iPod touch, or the iPhone 4.

The jailbreak community normally takes a little while to properly infiltrate iOS. iOS 4 has been publicly available for only 3 months.

tadad1

The 4th gen touch ships with iOS4.1 and there are presently no jailbreaks for that, also as the 3rd gen had a new version bootROM to try and counter the jailbreak community the 4th gen may have similar hardware changes to make jailbreaking more difficult. We really won't know till the gurus get their hands on the new device.

nitra7

Same problem

as far as I know SHAtter have found an exploit but it hasn't been released to he public yet. I also have a 32 gb iPod touch 4th gen and waiting for the jailbreak to arrive. Pod2g and the iPhone dev team are also working on a solution to jb the new idevice but the new one has a new bootrom so you'll have to wait a few days at this state (^◇^)

nitra7

as far as I know SHAtter have found an exploit but it hasn't been released to he public yet. I also have a 32 gb iPod touch 4th gen and waiting for the jailbreak to arrive. Pod2g and the iPhone dev team are also working on a solution to jb the new idevice but the new one has a new bootrom so you'll have to wait a few days at this state (^◇^)
Update:
Pod2g has found an exploit that will jailbreak all iOS 4.1 devices and may even include the new iPod touch. This will probably be an untethered jailbreak, which means that you don't have to re-jailbreak he iPod every time you reboot it!

Aries205

Update:
Pod2g has found an exploit that will jailbreak all iOS 4.1 devices and may even include the new iPod touch. This will probably be an untethered jailbreak, which means that you don't have to re-jailbreak he iPod every time you reboot it!
will you send me the link to download it please?

nitra7

JB Tool Will Be Released Soon...

will you send me the link to download it please?
Aries205, the jailbreak tool (Which could be redsn0w, greenp0ison, SHAtter or Pwnagetool) hasn't been released yet but as soon as it comes out, it will be available as a download at the following link:

Dev-Team Blog

As you can see, there is a video of SHAttered iPod Touch 4th Gen, but the tool is still in beta and may take a few days until it is released. :)

gabymanana

I need help i got the ipod touch without realizing that it wasnt compatible with my mac because it is an older version... Os x 10.4.11 is there any way i can use this with my mac?

Sid32

Unlikely that you'll ever be able to use it on that mac. Jailbreak won't won't let it work with older itunes. I would think about upgrading the mac/pc or getting a different device.

tyr.starlight

Update:
is there a website for this?

Brucew0619

Step 1. Download GreenPois0n for your OS and run it as administrator.
Step 2. Power off your device and connect it to the PC, then click Prepare to Jailbreak (DFU).
Step 3. Follow the GreenPois0n instructions and get your phone into DFU mode.
Step 4. Once in DFU mode, click the ‘Jailbreak!’ button to jailbreak your device and wait for GreenPois0n to complete setup and for your device to reboot to home screen.
Step 5. You should now have the new ‘Loader’ icon on your springboard. Launch it and then – Select Cydia > Install Cydia.
Step 6. After installing Cydia you will be asked if you want to remove ‘Loader’. Select to do so and then your device will reboot.

danny123456789

ipod touch jail break

if you want green poision (wich i reckomend) you have to have a version 4.2.1 but idk how to lower your version sorry hope it helps a little pls comment if know how thx