Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: SD Card adapter for iPod Touch?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 08-17-2010, 03:10 PM

Freshman Lounger

SD Card adapter for iPod Touch?

Has anyone used the SD Card adapter for iPod Touch? I think it's made by zoomit. I could only find minimal information about it online. This seems like a fantastic peripheral, but would like to learn more about it first before I blow $60 on it.

Thanks in advance!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:03 PM

Pro Lounger

wow, you're not kidding about limited information on this from actual users...

I tried doing some research on this, and the best I could come up with is this link An SD memory card adapter for your iPhone | VentureBeat
There plenty of information on the product's intended use and capabilities, and lots of information on the company, but like you, I couldn't find any information on users or testers that have actually run this through its paces on an iPhone, a touch or an ipod device

It looks like something I could really use, though. Maybe an iLounge tester can post a followup on this ?

Do you wanna touch me there (yeah)
Old 08-24-2010, 12:35 PM

Pro Lounger

Thumbs up any further info on this from anyone?

Guys: this seems to be a really relevant issue (self-addable memory seems like a big deal; sort of like someone selling an easily-replaceable internal battery...), but I haven't heard any feedback on this. Does anyone have any further info on this, or has anyone actually used this product for their touch? Thanks

Do you wanna touch me there (yeah)
Old 01-20-2011, 11:38 AM

Freshman Lounger

iPod touch sd card adapter

Check the website pny and search under flash memory cards- zoomit ( type as website www3 pny com and that gives you the link... ). Since I am a new member I can't post the actual link.

Hopefully it helps!

Last edited by AMOS777; 01-20-2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Just edit info
Old 01-20-2011, 03:41 PM

Senior Lounger

PNY <-- the link AMOS was trying to post.

Hm, interesting. I'd want to know how easy it is to access the files on the card, whether your music and playlists appear alongside the rest of the music. It's too bulky to carry around attached all the time, I think, but it would be useful if you had just your most favorite music on your iPhone/iPod and used this to store the rest of your collection for when you're in the car or at home.

Daily use: 3G nano 8GB, 4G touch 8GB
Previously used: 1G nano 4GB, 2G nano 4GB, 2G touch 8GB
Old 01-21-2011, 01:23 AM

Freshman Lounger

ipod touch sd card

I downloaded an app also called zoomit from iTunes into my iPod touch and it seems to be easy to use, but I am still debating whether I should buy the adapter or not I can't spend that money right now, although I am afraid it may go up in price soon, oh well. Just try the app and you can decide for yourself.

Topic: SD Card adapter for iPod Touch?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.