My iTunes library moved and now nothing will sync correctly

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jsegovia

Hi, all. I have two 1GB external USB drives I use for backups and mass storage, including my iTunes library. For some strange reason WindowsXP decided to switch their drive letters (I've tried to swap them back but no luck) so what was the D drive which contained my iTunes library is now the F drive. Naturally iTunes couldn't sync my iPod Touch any more, but even after I told iTunes where my iTunes library was now located iTunes still can't find any of my library items.

In order to sync movies I had to manually locate each and every single video file for iTunes. I really don't want to do that for all 4,000 + music files I have in my library. I've tried pointing to one or two and telling iTunes to use this information to find the rest but it doesn't work.

At this point what's the best way to get my library working in iTunes and have iTunes and my iPod sync successfully, and not lose anything from my library?

Thanks very much in advance!

Jesse