Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: White Screen after LCD replaced

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-31-2010, 12:22 AM

Freshman Lounger

Question White Screen after LCD replaced

My daughter broke her ipod touch 8g (2nd or 3rd generation) not for sure which one. She cracked the digitizer. The pressed into the lcd. so I decied to replace the lcd with new screen. (old one still worked just not all of it) Put new screen in and white screen. so i ordered another screen. Still white screen. Put the old screen in and it still works. Any ideas on why the new screens aren't working?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:04 AM

Freshman Lounger

Where are you getting the new screens from? I was told by a supplier that there have been problems with whole shipments of the cheaper ones found on ebay.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:42 PM

Freshman Lounger

tried removing first the batteries. plug your unit to the USB and try restoring the Ipod Touch
Old 08-18-2010, 07:44 AM

Freshman Lounger

Did you ever figure out the problem? I am having same issue. Have an Ipod Touch 2 gen with white screen. Replaced the LCD and still have white screen. Purchased mine on ebay. Did you find one that worked?

Topic: White Screen after LCD replaced

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.