Cannot restore without pass number - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Cannot restore without pass number

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-01-2010, 06:43 PM

Freshman Lounger

Cannot restore without pass number

Hi, My son was resetting his ipod touch pass code when his mate jumped on him and he reset a number without reading it. We have tried following apple's restore guide but when plugging it in it asks for the pass code. How do you restore a passcoded ipod without the passcode? He's only had it since February and really is missing it.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:15 PM

Well, seeing as how you have to confirm the changed code once you set it, it is odd that he was able to change it under such circumstances.

That said, he'll need to put the Touch into recovery mode, then restore it. The article below describes how to put it into recovery mode (though for different reasons):

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

All content will be erased and he'll have to re-load everything, but should be able to restore from the last backup to regain his preferred settings, e-mail accounts, game data, etc.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:57 AM

Freshman Lounger

confirm new passcode heh?

Thankyou for your reply. I did not know that you had to confirm the new code. I need to ask him some serious questions i think. I know he was mucking about with his mates at the time because we were at a school parent/student meeting in a pub while they were hangin' out together in the back room. But it seems it could not have heppened exactly as he said it did. Thanks again.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:10 AM

Freshman Lounger

spanish inquisition a success

Hi there.
Well, that was a quick result. After sending him on a guilt trip about lying to me or trying to pull the woll over my eyes (I'm not a very good daddy as you can tell) he burst into tears and said that he had told the truth and he couldn't remember the last two digits. So I said, 'In that case your old passcode would still work.' Voila! It does. Thanks for your help anyway.

Topic: Cannot restore without pass number

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.