Multiple computer troubles - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Multiple computer troubles

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 06-30-2010, 11:00 PM

Freshman Lounger

Multiple computer troubles

Hey everyone,
I purchased some movies through iTunes on computer A and have the rest of my stuff on computer B. They were purchased on the same account. Recently I got a new iPod touch to replace the one that broke. So I put my library from computer B onto the new iPod, then plugged it onto the other computer to grab my movies. But it told me that the iPod was linked to another library. So I rolled my eyes at Apple and checked the "Manually manage content" box and thought all would be well. But the same error occurred. It still insisted that my iPod was synced to that first computer even though both computers show me the "manually manage" box is checked. I tried scooting the movies to the computer that the iPod likes via a flash drive; I put them into the movies folder through Windows Explorer but they don't show up at all in iTunes. Can anyone help me?
Old 07-01-2010, 12:28 AM

I wonder

Well take a gander at these links and see if they help.

Using iPod with multiple computers.
iTunes 9: Understanding Home Sharing.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:56 AM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks for the help, however, both of those directed me to the webpage from which to download iTunes. Also, I had already visited both of those in my search for a solution; the "Using iPod with multiple computers" simply tells me to click the "Manually manage content" box which I already tried, and sadly there is no local area connection between the computers I'm having the trouble with so homesharing is not an option for me. Any other ideas?
Old 07-01-2010, 11:31 AM

I wonder

Sorry about the links, strange worked okay when I checked then out.

Anyways I have this link you could try and see if this will work for you.

Sync Your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with Multiple Computers.

This time the link better work, or I'll get angry lol...

Topic: Multiple computer troubles

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.