My ipod cannot play .mp4 format movies

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Soulish

well actually its just one, but I'm totally confused by it. its name is:
[Froth-Bite]Nodame_Cantabile_-_01[49D572CD] and its format is .mp4

now, when I try to sync it to my ipod, I get told that it cant be synced because the format isn't compatible with my ipod. When I try to play it on the computer in itunes, the sound is there but no video or subtitles.

So then I tried opening it with VLC player, and it worked. subtitles, video, sound, everything was fine.

I still can't put it on my ipod, however. When tried to put it in videora ipod converter, it couldn't even find it.

EDIT: nevermind, itunes can play it fine now. But it still cant go into my ipod

Sparkee

Not all mp4 video files are created equal, they still have to meet certain requirements to work on iPods. The issues you found with the video in the various programs pretty much confirms it. VLC will play just about any video file you throw at it, that's why it should be a must on every computer. You will run into the same issue with video converters, one may work others amy not. Either try another third party program or hilite the file in iTunes then choose "Create iPod or iPhone version" in the Advanced menu. Apple move this command in the latest versions of iTunes.

anypats

I have found that almost every time I get this message, it is because the resolution is too high. Most video converters allow you to choose quality, format, etc. and you will usually have the option for an iPod version.