Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: What's Taking Up All The Space...

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-25-2010, 02:51 PM

Freshman Lounger

What's Taking Up All The Space...

...on my 32GB 3G Ipod Touch?

iTunes tells me that "Audio" is using up 23.04 GBs, but a lot of that is audiobooks and their window doesn't seem to have anything like the iTunes's music window "Size" column where you can see the size of every file at once.

I can only figure out how to see the size of one audiobook at a time.

Is there a way to get a detailed breakdown of what audiobooks are using up what space so I can see how to free up maximum GBs?

TIA!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:42 PM

I wonder

In itunes window under library click on books, then click on list view then your column then check size, this will give you your size for all your books in your library.

Go down to playlist and click on audiobooks playlist, make sure you are in list view and have check size in your column, then right click on audiobooks playlist and select edit smart list. When the dialog appears look for a check box saying Match only checked items and put a check mark in that box and click ok, this will then show only books which you have chosen.
If you look at the bottom status bar of itunes it will give the amount and size of your books.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:49 PM

Freshman Lounger

Many thanks!

Topic: What's Taking Up All The Space...

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.