Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: charging port broken

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-13-2010, 01:21 AM

Freshman Lounger

charging port broken

I've got a 1st generation ipod touch, about 2 years old. It's been getting harder and harder to charge and now it's currently not chargeable at all. I think the charging port may be damaged somehow. In the past, I was able to play around with the connector to get it to charge, probably making things worse. I've also got a 5th generation video ipod which is a little older that's doing the exact same thing.

I can't really afford to replace it right now... is it worth it to try and get it repaired? I've seen replacement charging ports, but only for 2nd and 3rd gen touches. I wouldn't mind trying to open the case, and I would try and look at it myself, but I don't think I'd attempt something involving soldiering or unsoldering

Is there a good repair server to try, or should I give up on it?

Thanks!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:17 PM

Freshman Lounger

I have the exact same problem. Had the 1g ipod touch for 2 years, was able to "jiggle/bend" the connector to get it to charge in the past, and now it's not charging at all.

If anyone can help with this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:51 AM

Junior Lounger

My nephew has the same issue with his 1G. I can find plenty of iphone 1G charge port/ribbon cables but nothing for the touch 1g.

I'm considering fitting a mini-usb port in the space and using that to sync/charge.

Last edited by Sartre; 11-06-2010 at 06:34 AM.

Topic: charging port broken

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.