charging port broken

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

pfisterfarm

I've got a 1st generation ipod touch, about 2 years old. It's been getting harder and harder to charge and now it's currently not chargeable at all. I think the charging port may be damaged somehow. In the past, I was able to play around with the connector to get it to charge, probably making things worse. I've also got a 5th generation video ipod which is a little older that's doing the exact same thing.

I can't really afford to replace it right now... is it worth it to try and get it repaired? I've seen replacement charging ports, but only for 2nd and 3rd gen touches. I wouldn't mind trying to open the case, and I would try and look at it myself, but I don't think I'd attempt something involving soldiering or unsoldering

Is there a good repair server to try, or should I give up on it?

Thanks!

indy42

I have the exact same problem. Had the 1g ipod touch for 2 years, was able to "jiggle/bend" the connector to get it to charge in the past, and now it's not charging at all.

If anyone can help with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sartre

My nephew has the same issue with his 1G. I can find plenty of iphone 1G charge port/ribbon cables but nothing for the touch 1g.

I'm considering fitting a mini-usb port in the space and using that to sync/charge.

Last edited: