Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Removing OverDrive media console audiobooks from ipod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-07-2010, 09:14 PM

Freshman Lounger

Removing OverDrive media console audiobooks from ipod

Using a local public library, i have borrowed audiobooks and transferred them to my ipod touch through overdrive media console. They do not appear in itunes under audiobooks and I can not figure out how to remove them from my ipod! My library audiobook has expired and I successfully deleted from overdrive media console thinking that would take it off my ipod, but it is still there. Any suggestions?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:29 PM

Freshman Lounger

same problem

I'm having the same problem, and came across this post when looking for answers! I have a 5th gen Nano though - but the same problem. I cant remove it from Overdrive, and it doesnt show up on Itunes. I even opened up the files like it was a drive and removed the audio book files..

My computer, right click the ipod icon - then open.. then i went in and listened to files to find them and delted them one by one. When i removed the Ipod from the computer, they were STILL there and I could play them.

The only way I can figure out to do it is to wipe it clean and reload my music .. but there has to be an easier way... right??
Old 04-27-2010, 11:46 PM

Freshman Lounger

The answer

Go to this link:

http://www.huntingtonbeachca.gov/gov...cfm#deleteipod

Then go to the link for "How to delete audiobooks on the iPod"

It's just that easy!
Old 04-29-2010, 03:16 PM

Freshman Lounger

I'm usually pretty good at this stuff... that was too easy.. I cant believe I couldn't figure it out. I guess I am officially getting old. Thanks!!
Old 11-11-2010, 08:08 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thank you k8don for that answer and link! I've been going crazy trying to get my audiobook off my ipod!
Old 11-12-2010, 10:22 AM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan33 View Post
Using a local public library, i have borrowed audiobooks and transferred them to my ipod touch through overdrive media console. They do not appear in itunes under audiobooks and I can not figure out how to remove them from my ipod! My library audiobook has expired and I successfully deleted from overdrive media console thinking that would take it off my ipod, but it is still there. Any suggestions?
There is an Overdrive Media free app in iTunes ...

Mike
Old 11-29-2012, 06:24 PM

Freshman Lounger

Now HOW under iTunes 11??

I gratefully have used k8don's suggestion from Hunnington Beach for the past two years. I made the mistake of downloading itunes 11 before erasing the 5 books from my touch and they're still on my touch but I can't find them anywhere in iTunes! Anyone with suggestions? Thank you in advance!
Old 12-22-2012, 02:57 AM

Freshman Lounger

Excellent question.

This worked for me on an iPod Touch 5G, iTunes 11.0.1.12 on a Windows 7 PC

1. Start iTunes
2. Connect your ipod
3. A little iPod button will appear when iTunes recognizes your iPod is connected in the upper right corner of the iTunes window
4. Click the button but not the up-arrow undock symbol
5. On the Summary page, verify Manually manage music and videos in the Options box is checked
6. In the bar at the top of the window, click on On This iPod
7. Click on Books in the bar on the left of the window
8. Book files should all be listed. Select and delete the ones you want to delete, right click and choose delete.

This worked for me for books downloaded via the Overdrive console as WMV files, then converted.

I was able to delete MP3 book files I downloaded wirelessly to my iPod in the Overdrive app on the iPod.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:15 PM

avangeline
Banned

Thank you For k8don.

Topic: Removing OverDrive media console audiobooks from ipod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.