How do I transfer full-resolution photos to my iPod Touch?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Glitcher

Man, I hate iTunes' method of syncing photos to iPod. It always 'optimizes' them during transfer, if by 'optimize' you mean 'reduce them to intolerably low resolution'. Now all my artwork has become a blurry mess. In previous generations of iPods, you could transfer full-resolution versions of photos via iTunes, but that feature has been removed on the Touch. So now I'm looking for an alternative. Is there a method or application with which I can transfer and view full resolution images on my iPod Touch?

tadad1

Not tried it but I hear if you email them to yourself you can save them to your device in their original format.

Glitcher

I already tried saving images off websites to my iPod, but the resolution is still lower than the original image. So far I've only managed to view images in full resolution in Safari, but that's rather unwieldy and requires Internet. I'm looking for a better option to save and view full resolution images on my iPod.

simonpeter2

Not sure if this is a solution your looking for however I downloaded the app Icatchall when it was free for a day. It has a file storage feature that I tried, works pretty good, basically you can send files to your ipod via your wifi connection and your computer... uploaded a couple of pdf's and it worked fine..not sure what kind of viewing features it would have for pictures but you might want to give it a shot...

Glitcher

Storing full resolution photos on the Touch is one thing - and something I can accomplish with WinSCP - but how do I view them as well? Also there's a software called CopyTrans Photo, which claims to be able to transfer full resolution photos to the Touch. I haven't been able to test it yet because it's a paid software. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Glitcher

Screw CopyTrans! I found something even better. Downloading iFile from Cydia solved all my problems. It can transfer files from your computer to your iPod Touch and it has a built-in image viewer. This video should give you a general idea of how to install and use it. If you want to transfer more than one file at a time to your iPod, you need to zip them before transferring the archive. iFile can also extract zip archives so that you don't have to waste hours transferring hundreds of photos. Problem solved. Anything's possible, Filter. ^_~