Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Need help with Updating to JB

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-12-2010, 12:44 AM

Freshman Lounger

Need help with Updating to JB

Need help with update/jailbreak

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, it's been 4 days that I have tried Jailbreaking my iTouch 2g.
It's pristine restored version is 2.2.1 but I have been trying to updating it to 3.0 and 3.1.2 but doesnt seem to work because it freezes during update and I get a 1602~1604 errors.
I want to update my iTouch first before jailbreaking with Blackra1n or QuickPwn. but my iTouch cant update at all.

iTouch - 2nd Gen, 16gb
iTune - 9.0.2
Current Firmware/Restored Firmware - 2.2.1

These are the lists of things I have tried and I am pretty much running out of options to try something else.

- Restore, Downloaded official 3.1.2 from iTune Store and update. But the ipod froze with the Connect to Itune message and I got an 1604 error after several minutes. FAILED!!

- Fixed the Connect to Itune loop message from last attempt with iREB. Restored, Entered DFU mode to make it "UPGRADABLE bypassing the 1600s errors" with iREB. Everything went smoothly until Tried updating it with 3.1.2 on iTunes but FAILED again.

- Restored, Downloaded Custom 3.0 firmware(Not Jailbroken) but failed again.

- Restored with iTouch (From the iTouch itself with "Delete all Contents and Reset all Settings". The 2 hour thing) and tried again to update with itunes but Failed again with same errors.

- Changed the Computer. From my laptop to a desktop. Failed again to update.

- Bought a new usb cord, Failed again to update. "Also tried with 2 different computers with 2 usb cords"

- Tried Deleting everything which was relevant from Apples and Itunes, including Bonjour,Apple mobile device support, Apple Application Support etc... which said from the support center from Apples.
I even went far as deleting everything from Document and Settings/Username/Application data/ and deleted everything which was related to Apples or Itunes and went fresh reinstall with iTunes.
Failed again, cant update, same error.

- Closed all Virus Scan/Firewall programs and did everything from above all over again. Failed again.

-Have also installed Net.Framework,Visual C++ and LibUSB

---------------------------
Pretty much gave up Updating so went straight into Plan B

It was very limited to how much programs I had left to jailbreak my 2.2.1 but most of them all failed anyway. With EXACT SAME ERRORS. 1600s!!

- ih8snow's program = Failed
- Quickpwn = Failed
- Unofficial redsn0w = Failed
I am not going to try other jailbreaking programs because I know it will fail.

Please help me out here.
No need to waste time on posting How to DFU or to have "Connect to Itunes" because I know all of that. It's the Updating which is very problematic

Thanks in advance guys!! I've tried my best and need help with the rest.

Last edited by esplande; 01-12-2010 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Wrong section?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Topic: Need help with Updating to JB

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.