Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Itunes removed applications and now I can't put them back

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-10-2010, 10:54 PM

Freshman Lounger

Itunes removed applications and now I can't put them back

Hi all. Before I ask my question, thank you in advance. Let me add, this is about my 11 year old daughter's ipod touch and up until tonight, I've had no real contact with it. She set up itunes did all her own downloads, syncing and never had a problem. So, when she came to me tonight I was lost.

She was updating some of her applications tonight, and as it was applying the updates, she said it removed some of her applications from her ipod. These were all purchased from itunes, if that matters. I went to her itunes, and when I click the applications tab, sure enough about 8 applications weren't checked and those were the onces that were removed. So I clicked them again, and instead of sync, the two options at the bottom were "apply" or "cancel". I clicked apply, and itunes ran for about 5 seconds, nothing was added back, and it said it was safe to disconnect her ipod. And those applications were unchecked again. Being the male I am, I tried this fruitless effort twice more, before I realized this wasn't going to work.

I googled this problem, but didn't see anything that really fit. I went into the menu and made sure the applications box was selected in preferences, but I'm not sure what to do next. Would it be best to just have to get them all again? Like I said, this is all new to me. I have the same crappy old RCA mp3 player I've used for 4 years...lol. Someday I'll upgrade.

Thanks again to anyone that can offer us a little guidance and if need more info, just let me know.

Curt

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:26 PM

Freshman Lounger

I'm not sure if Itunes does it like this, but can't you just redownload the apps from the appstore on the device itself? I know itunes keeps a record of your purchases but I don't know if you'd have to pay for it again.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:51 AM

Junior Lounger

Did she by chance connect her ipod to another computer? That may be one problem if the association was changed which I dd by accident. Also when connected click on the left hand side where it shows her ipod in the itunes software then click on applications and see if there is a check mark next to the ones she wants, and then click apply. This same thing happened to me twice for no apparent reason but I also let my 13 year old son use it so as far as I am concerned anything can happen to it when out in the wild,

Topic: Itunes removed applications and now I can't put them back

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.