Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How do you connect iPod to iPod via Bluetooth

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-29-2009, 09:52 PM

Freshman Lounger

How do you connect iPod to iPod via Bluetooth

How do you connect a I pod touch to another I pod touch via Bluetooth. I have a 3rd gen 8gb and a buddy of mine has a 2nd gen 8gb. We both have are bluetooth on but we can never connect. We wanted to try to play games. Are we missing a step. Thanks for the help and sorry I'm just a Christmas noon and didn't know if we were missing a step.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:30 PM

Freshman Lounger

Okay, an obvious question, but nonetheless, are you sure that the game supports bluetooth multiplayer? Some games only support Wi-Fi multiplayer. What's the game in question?

I'm assuming your friend's 2G iPod Touch has the O.S. 3.x. firmware installed.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:12 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_Fan View Post
Okay, an obvious question, but nonetheless, are you sure that the game supports bluetooth multiplayer? Some games only support Wi-Fi multiplayer. What's the game in question?

I'm assuming your friend's 2G iPod Touch has the O.S. 3.x. firmware installed.
Just trying to play the free air hockey game and even when we turn blue tooth on it says it is now discoverable and my phone sees it but doesn't seem like either of our ipods find each other. And yes he does have every update
Old 01-05-2011, 08:56 PM

Freshman Lounger

Any resolution to this? I have a couple of ipod touches that I'm just starting out with. I've tried to pair them together with no luck. I assume it won't be able to happen to prevent apps to be passed back and forth?
Old 01-05-2011, 09:04 PM

You can't directly sync two iPods together over bluetooth, wi-fi, or even a direct USB connection. That type of functionality (bluetooth and wi-fi) must be expressly written in an app. So iOS doesn't have the ability to sync up with another iOS device via bluetooth or wi-fi unless a specific app is running with a specific purpose (ie multi-player gaming).

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)

Topic: How do you connect iPod to iPod via Bluetooth

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.