Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: 1G 16Gb ipod touch firmware download?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 06-23-2009, 06:58 PM

Freshman Lounger

1G 16Gb ipod touch firmware download?

I am sorry if i am rehashing this or beating a dead horse. my friend has a 1G 16GB ipod Touch and she recently updated to 3.0 firmware. after doing so now her ipod will not interface with her lexus anymore for the ipod conneciton for music and its terrible slow.

we want to roll her back to 2.1.1 or just 2.1 but i can not for the life of me find the 1G 2.1 firmware download anywhere.

If anyone could advise on where to find this as well as what version of iTunes i need to use to restore 2.1 as well that would be great.

i did a search for Firmware in this forum but unfortuantely the only relevant threads i find are ones started by somone and also bumped of by the original poster asking if anyone knows but no one actually responds so hopefully i can get slightly better results.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:11 PM

Wow, Lexus too? My Honda iPod interface doesn't work and I've heard of problems with BMW and even Bose and Denon.

If your friend ever downloaded 2.x then she has it on her computer already. The trick is how to load it if you've already installed 3.0. Normally you can hold the Shift key (or Option on a Mac) as you click the Restore button and then you can choose which version to re-load.

However, with 3.0 this doesn't seem to work so you may have to take more drastic measures such as putting the Touch in Device Firmware Update (DFU) mode. That supposedly puts the Touch in a state that is ready to accept a firmware update without loading the current OS, thus bypassing 3.0. Some people have reported success with this, but others report problems such as being stuck in DFU mode or repeated error messages. I won't go into how to do DFU mode (you can Google it) and I'm going to try to live with 3.0 before taking that risk.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:14 PM

Freshman Lounger

yes iknow how to get into DFU mode i have had to do that many times with my iPhone.

how ever i need to know a place where i can download 2.1 firmware which is what they had before 3.0. anyone?
Old 06-23-2009, 07:21 PM

If she has a 1G Touch, she must've downloaded 2.x at some point. You sure she doesn't already have it? Look for an .ipsw file like "iPod2,1_2.1.1_5F138_Restore.ipsw", located at:

C:\Documents and Settings\(account name)\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates

(assuming she's on a PC)

Topic: 1G 16Gb ipod touch firmware download?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.