Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Anyone know of retailer that installs screen protector?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 06-04-2009, 10:13 AM

Freshman Lounger

Anyone know of retailer that installs screen protector?

I would love to find a retailer that will install the screen protector for my Ipod touch because it is a nightmare whenever I have tried to use any of these sticky things. I get fingerprints all over them no matter how careful I am and basically end up throwing the thing away...thus wasting money, time and my gadget is not protected.

I am seriously challenged when it comes to installing these things. Do they put them on at the Apple store, maybe?? I see they have one that says it doubles as a mirror when unit is off and it says it is an anti-static protector but I have found that even this type have an additional sheet that you have to install first and they are the sticky icky kind...then you put on the cling type. Again that defeats the ease of one that just clings and isn't sticky tacky.

Help me with some suggestions please!!!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:51 PM

ReyZero

I've seen a couple malls with invisible shield or other skin type installers, happen to be near a mall?

Old 06-04-2009, 05:02 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyZero View Post
I've seen a couple malls with invisible shield or other skin type installers, happen to be near a mall?
I do have a good sized mall about 40 mins away. I live in NC and did see a kiosk for iphone/ipod accessories in a mall recently but it is about 90 mins away. That is an idea though I will check on that and see if any of the ones closer offer this service.

I wondered if the Apple store offered anything like this...I've never been the store but we do have one about 30 mins away.

Any suggestion for a good general case to protect the back and sides is welcome as well
Old 06-04-2009, 07:24 PM

ReyZero

Is it an iPod touch 2G? If so I'd pick up a Speck Candyshell, those seem pretty sweet for the iPhone. That or the SwitchEasy Rebel, just don't buy the black one (black seems to be a softer silicone and it sags)

What do you prefer, hard case, silicone, do you need to dock it, do you need a larger headphone opening? Reply asap :P

Old 06-04-2009, 11:05 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyZero View Post
Is it an iPod touch 2G? If so I'd pick up a Speck Candyshell, those seem pretty sweet for the iPhone. That or the SwitchEasy Rebel, just don't buy the black one (black seems to be a softer silicone and it sags)

What do you prefer, hard case, silicone, do you need to dock it, do you need a larger headphone opening? Reply asap :P
I probably prefer the silicone style because they are not as slippery and that is the kind I have on my Blackberry phone. I will probably need to dock it some but mostly will plug into USB and I don't think I need a large headphone opening...not sure what headphones I will use right now.

I'll check the ones you mentioned and see. I may just hit Walmart for now to get a less expensive one to use until I have time to look around.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:44 AM

ReyZero

Get the SwitchEasy colors then, it's a nice silicone case for like $15 with 3 shipping

Topic: Anyone know of retailer that installs screen protector?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.