Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Adding Movies without Deleting others

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 05-26-2009, 01:13 AM

Freshman Lounger

Adding Movies without Deleting others

So I am fairly new to the ipod and itunes. I just got an ipod touch and I love it. There is however a problem that keeps coming up. I am constantly gone for work and I travel a lot. I am not always on my home computer. Today I tried to fire up itunes on my relatives computer. Everything works fine, it tries to get me to sync to her computer... which I tell it not to and I set it up to manage my files manually. Then I went in and tried to add a video. When I went to sync, it keeps telling me doing so will erase my other movies. Now, I dont want to do this. I just want to add one movie or one song here and there. Can I not just add a movie without deleting all my movies?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:46 AM

ReyZero

You can only be tied to one library

Old 05-26-2009, 01:52 AM

Freshman Lounger

Wow, if I put out a piece of software that was so limited... id be ashamed. I thought apple was better than PC? My zune was a little more user friendly.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:57 AM

Senior Lounger

You can use a third party app to add music & videos to your ipod.

I've used Sharepod & it works very well.

The only issue is that the next time you sync with iTunes, any items you've added with SharePod will be removed (you could always use SharePod to drag the files to your PC first if you wanted to keep them).
Old 05-26-2009, 02:00 AM

ReyZero

It's not lol
My friend was spec'ing a Mac Pro for about $5,000 when I spec'd a better PC for under $1,500, and the software isn't worth another $3,500 lol
I do like my iPhone though, and iTunes isn't horrible, but Apple's self-centered buisness (along with companies like Sony) is annoying

Old 05-26-2009, 06:11 AM

Veteran Lounger

I set it up to manage my files manually

So, just add the movie file manually ;-) Connect the iPod to iTunes, locate the movie you want to add to the touch in the iTunes Movies library, and drag it to the iPod's icon; wait for the file to transfer and you're done. No other movie files on the iPod will be affected. To delete a file from the iPod, select it in a listing of one of the iPod's libraries (Music, Movies, Podcasts, etc.) and press Delete key.

(LOL -- ReyZero, you're funny! In case I need another good laugh today, could you post a link to this PC you found that has 2 quad-core Xeons, 12GB RAM, 3TB internal storage, Radeon graphics, WiFi, 2 SuperDrives, and Final Cut & Logic for $1,500? Thanx ;-)

Last edited by S2_Mac; 05-26-2009 at 06:28 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:51 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2_Mac View Post
I set it up to manage my files manually

So, just add the movie file manually ;-) Connect the iPod to iTunes, locate the movie you want to add to the touch in the iTunes Movies library, and drag it to the iPod's icon; wait for the file to transfer and you're done. No other movie files on the iPod will be affected. To delete a file from the iPod, select it in a listing of one of the iPod's libraries (Music, Movies, Podcasts, etc.) and press Delete key.
Perfect! Thats exactly what I wanted to do. Thanks!
Old 05-26-2009, 03:32 PM

ReyZero

Quote:
LOL -- ReyZero, you're funny! In case I need another good laugh today, could you post a link to this PC you found that has 2 quad-core Xeons, 12GB RAM, 3TB internal storage, Radeon graphics, WiFi, 2 SuperDrives, and Final Cut & Logic for $1,500? Thanx ;-)
Well first off, here's the spec's he was looking at before
One 2.93GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
8GB (4x2GB)
1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s
ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB
Two 18x SuperDrives
AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi Card with 802.11n
$4600

Here's a quick NewEgg search for pieces and parts. I'm a gamer so this is how I would build a PC, pre-mades are over priced, and you can't determine the parts used.
I'm also an AMD and NVidia fan, but after you see the price comparison you can adjust as you wish. Should note that pre-made computers charge hundreds and hundresds for a .1ghz upgrade, or an extra stick of memory.
I can't determine the power supply on the Mac Pro fyi

Case & 750 Power Supply $190
3.2ghz Quad Core & Mother Board $355 ($545)
4GB DDR3 1600 $75 x 2 = $150 ($695)
GeForce GTX 275 $235 ($930)
1TB 7200 Hard Drive $80 x 4 = $320 ($1250)
DVD 22x Burner SATA $25 x 2 $50 ($1300)
Vista $175 ($1475)
USB Wireless $65 ($1540) Forgot to add this, although there's many options cheaper, like PCI cards

I configured one ealrier with lower parts for $900 but iLounge lost my log-in info and when I clicked submit it lost everything, not even back saved my information, heh
This ones a little more beefy, and you can edit things around which won't change the price drastically.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:58 PM

ReyZero

Quote:
2 quad-core Xeons, 12GB RAM, 3TB internal storage, Radeon graphics, WiFi, 2 SuperDrives
Crazy enough, the only non-server motherboard I could find for dual quads is this monster, and add two 2.26 quad core xeon nehalem processors, at $395 each, that alone is $1400, but who needs that.
Here's 12GB of memory for $171,
Use the 3 of the hard drives I listed before, $240
Radeon graphics card for $250
WiFi USB was $65
And 24x DVD burner for $26 each
That's $2162 for what you want, still under $5000
Pick a case of your style, power supply, and software, won't cost you $3000

Gotta mention as well, unless you're doing video editing that makes you enough money to want to buy all this, what are you going to do with all this power. I'm a gamer, and I see a waste of resources, :P

Topic: Adding Movies without Deleting others

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.