Best way to back up downloaded movies and tv shows

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

233monte

What is the best way to back it up, am i able to burn it onto a DVD, or a jump drive? thanks.

kornchild2002

You can put the videos on any sort of medium ranging from a data DVD, USB thumb drive, NAS storage, USB hard drive, etc. I wouldn't put the videos on a USB thumb drive as movies tend to take up around 1.5GB with music videos taking up about 12MB per minute of video. You would need something larger than a 16GB USB thumb drive in order to backup your videos and still have enough space for other files. Your best bet would be to purchase a USB2.0 hard drive. Best Buy sells 1TB models for less than $100. You really can't get a better deal (ir dollar per GB) than going with a USB2.0 hard drive.

Sparkee

On the pricey end of the spectrum there is external raid arrays or my choice the Drobo. These devices have multiple hard drives and can create multiple copies. If one drive fails you still have a backup however it is still not good to keep all your eggs in one basket. I still use my 2 other USB drives to keep a copy but a video library can eat up alto of drive space fast.